Sanding a living room floor - advice for dust extraction?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFS19

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Tackling a fairly large living room floor - going to hire a sander and also an extractor, but I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do about the latter.

I remember discussing extractors a few years ago here on the forum, but I still haven't gotten round to investing in one yet. I remember the Trend T30 being a common recommendation, so I was thinking of just finally buying one of those. I'm unsure how this would function to extract the dust as the sander is going, however. It's more like a vacuum cleaner to use afterwards, unless I'll likely be able to attach the hose to where the dust bag of the sander goes?

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

If doing a lot of sanding I’d recommend you get a cyclone it removes the dust before it gets to the vacuum so means you‘re not having to keep cleaning filters or losing suction.
They are easy & cheap enough to make & definitely worth the effort.

use a sander than has really good extraction and ideally use a decent vac like a numatic that has hepa filters, also let the dust settle before cleaning up, ideally overnight.

Back