Trend T11 no speed control broke

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garethharvey

Established Member
Reaction score
No sure if I have asked this question before. I have the Trend T11 router, the only issue is it's stuck on full speed. The speed control knob turns OK but has no effect on the speed.

HAs this happened to anyone else?

Has the magnet fallen off the shaft? This is a common problem and can be glued back on provided it has not gone into the works and been pulverised.
If the magnet is there,then you need a new speed regulator. Compare the prices for a DeWalt 625 and trend t11. Sometimes there can be quite a difference.

No sure to be honest, I can see two screws on the top of the router, have taken them out but it still won't come apart

The magnet Bob refers to is shown in this picture under the red wires, my finger is pointing at it.

IMG_1988_zps7vtqwtva.jpg

I replaced the bearings in mine recently & also replaced the magnet, below is a link to the T11 manual curtesy of router forums .com it shows how T11 comes apart & also has a parts list identifying the magnet

http://www.routerforums.com/attachments ... manual.pdf

I had similar issue with CMT router. They are all the same, made of the same parts, just whether you want a orange, yellow or black one.

My router was circa 10 yrs old and failed onto slow speed. Solution was to change speed controller board. Cost £80 incl vat and pp but way cheaper than a new one and mine had only had light use from new in a woodrat so mechanicals are all pretty much as new so worth doing. TBH, if it has failed to full speed I'd of just lived with it as I don't use big dia cutters anyway so run everything on full.

Simple to change, 2 more screws and the black squareish donut is the speed controller and just lifts off and is just a case of moving spade connectors onto replacement and reinstalling.

S

Back