Trend T10 speed problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a Trend T10 a few weeks ago and it’s been working fine. i went to use it today and the speed is fluctuating a lot (even under no load) to the point where it sounded way too fast. I tried changing the speed setting, where it would stabilise briefly before becoming very erratic again. A return is certainly on the cards, unfortunately, just wondered if this is a common problem. I own/ have owned a fair few routers and I’ve never experienced this before.

Send it back if it’s new sounds like a faulty speed controller, mines gone 3 times over the years & does exactly what you described when it does so

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve emailed the company (westcountry machinery) about returning so should hopefully get some news tomorrow.
A bit of an update: I put the router in my table so I could video it safely.
1. second vid is on speed 5 and sounds a tad slow (it might not be) notice the fluctuations.
2. first video is more worrying, that’s speed 1 and it speeds up a lot. Imagine that with a big cutter.

After that, whilst dusting it off for reboxing, I blew a tiny amount of dust out of the 2 exhaust vents and I tried it again.
Tried it in both orientations ( hand held and table).
1. worked 99% of the time hand held with a brief fluctuatio.
2. fluctuated constantly in table orientation.
3. then began to sound rough in both orientations and then suddenly seems to be working ok.

live lost confidence in using this now, which is a shame as it was excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.mov
    27.3 MB
  • IMG_0202.mov
    17.8 MB
Last edited:
Back