trend jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tender foot

Reaction score
Hello to all :D ,

i am using a trend mortice and tenon jig to cut mortice and tenons for framework. I have cut all the mortices first, due to the length of the tenons i have had to cut them in two stages (cut first stage and then lower the router cutter for the second stage which is a deeper cut).
I have cut the first stage on all the tenons, and i have cut the second stage on about half the tenons.

I went to my mates workshop today to finish the second stage on the remaining tenons. Unfortunately my mates farther had been in the workshop after i left yesterday and he was fiddling with the jig, now i cant get the jig to line up exactly with the tenons. It seems no matter how hard i try i can only get the jig to line up with three sides of the tenon leaving a lip on the remaining tenon side.

Does anyone have any advice on getting the trend jig to line up exactly again?

also

If i cant get the jig to line up exactly again, do you think it would be ok to just remove the lip with a sharp chisel on the tenon side that wont line up, and then just fill the resulting gap in the m and t joint with wood glue?

sorry about the war and peace posting.

Hope you can help :D .

Any chance that the guide bush on the router has beem moved if it was not perfectly centeral before or after this may give different cuts.

It would be better to set the jig up on a tennon and then take both cuts by plunging before moving the jig.

Jason

Latest posts

Back