Tiny 8 x 6 workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchhounds

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to getting something im happy with. Every thing is on castors so is moveable. I gets a bit warm as theres no real headspace, its a pent roof. I am really pleased with my bench as well...

Attachments

• 20230414_152823.jpg
    20230414_152823.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230414_152826.jpg
    20230414_152826.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230414_152833.jpg
    20230414_152833.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230414_152847.jpg
    20230414_152847.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Finally got around to getting something im happy with. Every thing is on castors so is moveable. I gets a bit warm as theres no real headspace, its a pent roof. I am really pleased with my bench as well...
It looks really well organised lot and versatile. Well done!

Thanks. Only thing im not happy with it the floor is bit bouncy right under the bench and the lighting from from over my shoulder but I have some clip on LED lights for difficult tasks and plans for some LED light boxes from some redundant LED strips I have

Nice one, nosuchhounds!

Zeroed in on your post because I too am blessed with an 8x6 pent roof job! Same orientation, too, so interested in your photo's of the layout.
I've been waiting for some dry weather in order to empty mine and "start again". That in itself is a task! I currently can't get in mine, as unfortunately it also houses certain garden stuff that can't go elsewhere. For example, two of those extendable pole cutter things that are currently mounted on the rear (longest) wall!
I can't boast anything like your workbench either - yours looks the business. Own build? Very good.
My "equivalent" bench - like yours, under the window and right of the door - is a flat-ish top screwed on a frame.
In my mind's eye, I wondered about re-siting it along the short left-hand shed wall, so that, with the door open, jobs involving longer stuff could still be worked on. Problem is, that would partially block the entrance!

Better buy some tarpaulins, methinks! This could take some time with stuff sitting outdoors, and knowing our weather....!

Anyway, very impressed matey!

Nice one, nosuchhounds!

Zeroed in on your post because I too am blessed with an 8x6 pent roof job! Same orientation, too, so interested in your photo's of the layout.
I've been waiting for some dry weather in order to empty mine and "start again". That in itself is a task! I currently can't get in mine, as unfortunately it also houses certain garden stuff that can't go elsewhere. For example, two of those extendable pole cutter things that are currently mounted on the rear (longest) wall!
I can't boast anything like your workbench either - yours looks the business. Own build? Very good.
My "equivalent" bench - like yours, under the window and right of the door - is a flat-ish top screwed on a frame.
In my mind's eye, I wondered about re-siting it along the short left-hand shed wall, so that, with the door open, jobs involving longer stuff could still be worked on. Problem is, that would partially block the entrance!

Better buy some tarpaulins, methinks! This could take some time with stuff sitting outdoors, and knowing our weather....!

Anyway, very impressed matey!
Thanks! I had a previous incarnation of this where i had a bench and then another at 90° to that along a side wall. I ripped it all out and started again. Luckily i was able to box up all my tools and machines and store them at a warehouse at work. I used silver loft insulatiion and 18mm osb and clad the whole thing.
First job was to build a bench which i made for CLS studwork and based it on the Paul Sellars design except for the split top.
I have thought about moving to a similar position as you had thought about.

Having a small space means i have to keep it tidy. We actually have a piece of land at the back of our house big enough to put a large unit on but we dont have the money at the moment.

Ive kept this space looking like a shed as well. It needs a good coat of paint outside but having it look a bit shabby from outside deters people, i hope!

Looks well organised that, lots of machines in a small space.
Weirdly I'm just about to make a cleat for my Magnuson files and Shinto rasp, just like yours... I think I will steal your idea to mount diagonally so you can see the face of the files better. Clever idea.

Martin

This is the problem with posting photos!………………………
sort out the wires on that multi block ! 😁

on a serious note what was the materials cost for your bench?

Mods please bar this poster - disgustingly untidy shed!🤣🤣🤣

Ps I'm not showing you my garage!!

You should've seen it before I tidied it! :D

No...come better weather, it'll be a case of a few tarpaulins, drag everything out, chuck out broken/unwanted/what's-this-a bit-of type things, and start again.

Honest..... :whistle:

Latest posts

Back