Time For a SketchUp Challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, thanks for that - that seems easy enough to say, but I have not yet discovered how to adjust a circle size :oops: :oops: , I usually draw a new circle, but then find it difficult to locate the new circle concentric with the previous cicrle :roll: :roll: and so the learning goes on.

A great program with huge potential, thanks again

Dave

Changing the size of the circle with the Move tool after drawing it is done by finding a cardinal point. Howver the Move tool over the edges of the circle and go round the edge until the edge of the circle is not selected and you have a point instead. Click and drag. You can type the change in radius and hit Enter to make the change.

To draw a concentric circle on one you have, you could get the circle tool and hover over the edge of the existing circle for a moment. Then move the cursor toward the center of the circle. When you get close you will see the cursor snap to the center and a message indicating you're on the center will apppear. Click to start drawing the new circle.

You could also use the Offset tool to create concentric rings.

In my model I only drew the circle at the base of the model and from then on used Push/Pull to add height and Move to change the radius of the new circle.

Aha eureka!! now I realise that the act of dragging a circle to form a cone for example is actually resizing one of the cicles - #-o #-o
:p :p

So, instead of a steady pull, it is a repetitive resize, pull, resize, pull etc etc

Sorry - takes a long time for some of us to understand these things ......

Dave

Thanks Dave for that explanaition, I too have learned from this.
Luca, is there anyway the chart can be made available in another format, I'm having problems getting any writing on my chart, it's telling me there's a problem.

Gerry

spiderg":3qrbqvw4 said:
Thanks Dave for that explanaition, I too have learned from this.
Luca, is there anyway the chart can be made available in another format, I'm having problems getting any writing on my chart, it's telling me there's a problem.

Gerry

Do you mean you can't open the file? Or you just want it in another format?

Sorry, I can open the file and I see all the tools but there is no writng beside the tools, can you supply it in another format please?

Thanks

Dave

(sorry been away from the PC!) thanks for your help - I am now feeling more confident with Sketchup - can draw concentric circles, resize circles etc
:p :p

Dave

ok I am good with computers.. but what the heck are you all using to get these sketched up....

its not photo pro.. or paint!!! so what is it...

Back