Thieves and burglars

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riclepp":6jlm4xy8 said:
Just don'tgive the theives time to react, get in close jab to the throat or solar Plexus and they will go down fast, also make as much noise as you can as this will distract them. If they do have a weapon (say a knife) they wont be able to draw it back enough to stab and by the time they have raised their arm up, you would have already got in and done the deed that needs to be done. The other will almost be off by what they have witnessed.

What 'ordinary' man ever feels the need to get close to someone with a knife :|

Why lower the topic by calling someone an silly person ?

Owl":8xtdcj6o said:
riclepp":8xtdcj6o said:
Just don'tgive the theives time to react, get in close jab to the throat or solar Plexus and they will go down fast, also make as much noise as you can as this will distract them. If they do have a weapon (say a knife) they wont be able to draw it back enough to stab and by the time they have raised their arm up, you would have already got in and done the deed that needs to be done. The other will almost be off by what they have witnessed.

What 'ordinary' man ever feels the need to get close to someone with a knife :|

Why lower the topic by calling someone an silly person ?

When adrenalin is released ordinary unassuming people do some extreme things.

When a moderator causes personal insult by labelling a personal as "rambo" and then insults them further by saying I am with the secret squirrels when my regiment I was in is clearly shown.

Words of eloquence are not appropriate, that's why! Or is it okay for a moderator to sling insults at people, when they should be impartial.

Richard, you have to remember folks without a military background won't necessarily recognise regimental badges.
When I was fit, I might have had a go (who really knows how they'll react before the event, though.) But I think I'd be a damn fool to now unless I was cornered. "Things" can always be replaced.

dunbarhamlin":28mva2g8 said:
Richard, you have to remember folks without a military background won't necessarily recognise regimental badges.
When I was fit, I might have had a go (who really knows how they'll react before the event, though.) But I think I'd be a damn fool to now unless I was cornered. "Things" can always be replaced.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there! all the 'advice' given so far in my opinion solely relates to the age and fitness of people. As I am in my early 80's and far from being in the best of health any intruder facing me with a weapon can take what he likes.

I think a lot of these scenarios come down to your 'Fight or Flight' reaction.

Once the adrenaline starts pumping, it's pot luck what happens.
Some people run, some people will stand and negotiate and for some, the red mist will descend.
Adrenaline is an incredible hormone and can make the weakest of people do things they haven't done in many years(even if only for a very short period)

You won't know your reaction until it happens..... But lets hope it never happens.

Noel":3l6530uf said:
riclepp":3l6530uf said:
Who's says anything about Hollywood Noel' just reality

You're ex SAS, Seal, Delta Force, one them secret outfits, eh?

He's a red beret - Parachute regiment. And I didn't need to look it up, some regiments are well known

Some chill pills in order, I think someone calling an ex-para, with 15 years martial arts, a military avatar, who suggests when someone comes at you with a knife to get in close and have them, "Rambo", tongue in cheep with smiley face is completely acceptable. Calling someone a complete silly person is not.

I wouldn't recognise the badge either and guess what. I don't feel stupid.

Time to stop watching this thread I feel.

Back