The World Cup - Indifferenteers thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benchwayze":2mocmqoi said:
Don't know how they would get on with a real 'Caser', complete with lace and dubbin!

John :)

There's a fair few who wouldn't do much damage heading one. :lol:

Gary":1al7soj8 said:
Benchwayze":1al7soj8 said:
Don't know how they would get on with a real 'Caser', complete with lace and dubbin!

John :)

There's a fair few who wouldn't do much damage heading one. :lol:

Ahhh that brings back memories. Cold wet winter days at school or in the park, ball solid as concrete. The headaches afterwards.

I blame the state of my memory on not remembering to 'just miss' heading the ball.

PeterBassett":37c2ldqh said:
The best bit of the world cup so far...

Larissa-Riquelme-1-595x445.jpg

What a lovely pair (bracelets) :^o

Watching the England/Algeria saga - what cr*p !!!!

Dave

Benchwayze":2z3s1376 said:
Can someone please tell me exactly what Rooney said at the end of the game?
I couldn't make it out.. :twisted:

John... :)

The millionaire muppet said:

"can you hear that at home, being booed by your own fans, that will make us feel better"..

After that performance, his own mother would boo him, I'm sick of these millionaires putting in such poor effort only to complain that the fans who have paid the money which has made them rich beyond belief dare have their say.

He is a disgrace and should be dropped, world class they say? Rooney and class? ..

I think i'll follow/support Chile or Mexico

Spot on BB.

It seems to me that the performances which these guys give are for their clubs - ie the ones paying their wages.

Effort was completely lacking tonight. We'll be coming home on the first plane on Thursday.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks Byron.

Well I've never been a 'boo' merchant, but I know how the supporters feel. They paid to watch rubbish. I would be inclined to just leave the ground, and shake my head. But true, I do get pig sick of lack-lustre performances. So Rooney should ecpect the fans to be upset!

Now I am going to read 'Workbenches' again, and decide which tenons to use, to join the legs to the top; Through tenons or blind!

:wink:
John

ByronBlack":118f8s4g said:
, its about time the FA took a stand and only had deserving players represent their country.

Too bloody right, and that goes for Sport in general not just F... Foo.... Foo.... Foo.... F... Footbore.

ByronBlack":2jgj0cr2 said:
Rooney's 'Class'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 749208.stm

We shouldn't allow these thugs and chavs to represent england, its about time the FA took a stand and only had deserving players represent their country.
And so it begins. The press who have spent the last 6 months building up Rooney to be our saviour take the first opportunity to knock!

Nobody saw that as that camera wasn't live but as soon as the match finished what did ITV want to do, comment on the match, discuss tactics, no! The very first thing they did was show us Rooney complaining about the fans. Class!

Don't get me wrong, he can think what he wants but he should have more sense than to voice it into a camera, but shame on the press of this country who just can't wait for an opportunity to knock one of our sportsmen for anything. This is the same press who would be basking in the reflected glory for months whenever one of our sportspeople succeed.

Rooney was wrong, ITV/BBC just as much so! W@nkers!

On a football note, the thing about Rooney is that even when it isn't working for him you can guarantee 100% effort, where was that last night? When he plays like that normally you can always expect 100% of headless chicken style chasing down and harrying.

Something isn't right in that England camp/team, they looked pensive, nervous, couldn't even make basic passes stick, stuff that they were doing without even thinking during the qualifiers.

Obviously I don't know what's going on, but it looks to me like Fabio has had a change of heart about the qualifying tactic of, sort the defence out and let the attack do what they want, let the opposition worry about the great attackers we have. It looks like he's holding Rooney back in the hole and Heskey up top. The big problem with that is that Heskey has absolutely no confidence that he can score.

If you are going to play Rooney in the hole then play Defoe ahead of him, he nearly always works the keeper. My preferred options would be Roony up top with Crouch behind, or even more preferred, Rooney up top with Gerrard in the hole, midfield of Lamps/Barry/Lennon/Cole. But what do I know!

Rooney is simply one of the finest footballers England has at the moment - but, his personality doesn't come even remotely close to that.

Remember the badge-kissing incident at Goodison Park a couple of years ago? The club he supported as a boy; the club that gave him his big break in to super-stardom...

What a w****r.

There was talk of him being a future England captain a while ago - well, I certainly hope not!! If John Terry can lost the armband simply for something that happened "off the field" then let's hope Capello's bold enough to see that the Chav-wonder doesn't get a look in. If Rooney's words are splashed all over the back pages this morning (???) then, I'd like to think he could be dropped for our final game.

TrimTheKing":2wv3ujhn said:
ByronBlack":2wv3ujhn said:
Rooney's 'Class'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 749208.stm

We shouldn't allow these thugs and chavs to represent england, its about time the FA took a stand and only had deserving players represent their country.
And so it begins. The press who have spent the last 6 months building up Rooney to be our saviour take the first opportunity to knock!

Nobody saw that as that camera wasn't live but as soon as the match finished what did ITV want to do, comment on the match, discuss tactics, no! The very first thing they did was show us Rooney complaining about the fans. Class!

Don't get me wrong, he can think what he wants but he should have more sense than to voice it into a camera, but shame on the press of this country who just can't wait for an opportunity to knock one of our sportsmen for anything. This is the same press who would be basking in the reflected glory for months whenever one of our sportspeople succeed.

Rooney was wrong, ITV/BBC just as much so! W@nakers!

On a football note, the thing about Rooney is that even when it isn't working for him you can guarantee 100% effort, where was that last night? When he plays like that normally you can always expect 100% of headless chicken style chasing down and harrying.

Something isn't right in that England camp/team, they looked pensive, nervous, couldn't even make basic passes stick, stuff that they were doing without even thinking during the qualifiers.

Obviously I don't know what's going on, but it looks to me like Fabio has had a change of heart about the qualifying tactic of, sort the defence out and let the attack do what they want, let the opposition worry about the great attackers we have. It looks like he's holding Rooney back in the hole and Heskey up top. The big problem with that is that Heskey has absolutely no confidence that he can score.

If you are going to play Rooney in the hole then play Defoe ahead of him, he nearly always works the keeper. My preferred options would be Roony up top with Crouch behind, or even more preferred, Rooney up top with gerard in the hole, midfield of Lamps/Barry/lenin/Cole. But what do I know!

Mark I know you support Man U but Rooney is a twit for saying that :twisted: How the hell does he expect the fans to feel when England cannot even beat the US let alone Algeria.

Now what did I say the other day, The Press Build These Players Up, pin the hopes of England on his shoulders and at the smallest mistake rubbish them. It is going to do no good whatsoever the press slagging him down, as it will not only demoralize him but the rest of the team too, just when we need them to concentrate on the last game.

IMHO the press should leave him alone (at least until the world cup is over) and either Cappelo or the FA hit where it hurts with a huge fine.

If we are to have any chance of winning the next game there is no way he should be dropped. The FA want to have a word in Cappelo's shell like and tell him in no uncertain terms that if he wants to keep his job he better re-think his game plan for the next game. Maybe he should think like Fergerson and play him right up front with the ball being fed to him. IMHO that is the only way he has a chance of earning the huge bucks he gets for each game.

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":7sbf4fe7 said:
Mark I know you support Man U but Rooney is a twit for saying that :twisted: How the hell does he expect the fans to feel when England cannot even beat the US let alone Algeria.
Absolutely agree Mike, he is a complete buttocks for saying it, but I still hatethe way the press in this country are just gagging for something like this to dive upon.

He has been woeful I freely admit that, but in defence he is being played in a position completely different to the one he has been scoring from all seaason, and the position he has played for England for the past 12 months, WTF do Capello and the fans expect.

The team, for me, if we have any chance, has to be:

James
A Cole
Terry
Dawson
Johnson
J Cole
Lampard
Barry/Carrick
Lennon
Gerrard
Rooney

With the option to change it by bringing on Crouch for one of the midfielders if need be.

Get the team right then it's up to the players...

TrimTheKing":3oilu1fi said:
Mike.C":3oilu1fi said:
Absolutely agree Mike, he is a complete **** for saying it, but I still hate the way the press in this country are just gagging for something like this to dive upon.

He has been woeful I freely admit that, but in defence he is being played in a position completely different to the one he has been scoring from all season, and the position he has played for England for the past 12 months, WTF do Capello and the fans expect.

The team, for me, if we have any chance, has to be:

James
A Cole
Terry
Dawson
Johnson
J Cole
Lampard
Barry/Carrick
Lennon
Gerrard
Rooney

With the option to change it by bringing on Crouch for one of the midfielders if need be.

Get the team right then it's up to the players...

Agree 100%. It's a pity you cannot do Capello impressions, because we could sneak you out there to pick the team :lol:

Cheers

Mike

As a non footy fan, they were ***** , maybe they are good players in england
but when they go else where they are actually not that good.
The uk press make them out to be hero's £40-000 a week hero's.
Keep buying the tickets lads :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back