The World Cup - Indifferenteers thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escudo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me but I am fed up with this already and it hasn't even started.

I don't think we will do very well - underperform.

I am going to make a few predictions;

Wayne Rooney will be sent off at some stage and miss the game we loose as a result.

Ledley King will be knackerred after two games. John Terry will get booked twice and miss an important game. As a result we will have to play with a second string defence at some point.

If it goes to penalties at some stage I think we might just win for a change.

Hope I'm wrong but Spain look good to win.

Any other predictions fellas?......let's see who is right..............

I'm hoping the Argies will win because the bird has drawn them in the sweepstake, other than that wake me when it's over :lol:

Hi Guys,

As a devout rugby man, I cannot understand what all the fuss is about! A few overpaid "stars" underperforming doesn't sound like fun to me :lol:

Still, it's an excuse for a few beers :eek:ccasion5:

Malc :D

what a bunch of whingers.

been looking forward to this for the last year.

Don't get me started on rugby players, most of them are quite happy to have massive brain shrinkage whilst on "tour".

Do you know what with this and all the hype over the final big brother I am beginning to see why my 4 yr old smashed our TV at the weekend!

Might just be me but as I ride a motorbike to work daily I am becoming more and more cautious near any car that has a 'flag-onna-stick' attached to it. Two flags and I avoid it like the plague. What is it about the world cup that sends peole into such blithering drooling eejits once every 4 years. Do the olympics do it - no, and we perform much better there every 4 years. Having said that I fully expect olympic 'flag-onna-stick' cars to start appearing in 2012.

Heres another depressing thought - if we actually do win the world cup, those over paid, under educated, 'role-models' for youngsters, complete with swearing, spitting, cheating and tabloid lifestyles will be given honours in the New Year list. Now call me bitter and twisted, but do we really want the likes of Wayne 'can't control my temper' Rooney as Sir Wayne, an ambassador for his country? Lets hope we go out in the second round, the papers can weep over it then move on to why Andy Murray the Scot didn't win Wimbledon or why Muzza did Engerland proud and gave us something to cheer about after Capello's catastrophe.

Cynical, Moi?!

Steve

Is that footy? If so it's in the same league as Big Brother, the jungle rubbish and all the other rubbish on the telly.
It won't be coming to a screen anywhere near me :evil: - Rob

I'm sorry - what game is this?

A Professor has found after extensive research there are two sizes of penis amongst uk men. There are those which fall within the normal size range and those which are less than two inches while erect. The professor has appealed for help to continue his research . Could all men in the uk with extremly small penises make themselves known over the next six weeks by flying a white flag with a red cross from their cars?

:)

Saw on 'Midlands Today', some fanatic in Sutton Coldfield, has carpeted his living room with real turf, marked out as a 'pitch', for the duration of the WC. Now that's what you call a 'fan'.

Me? I can't get fanatic these days. It just isn't the game I knew and loved.
(Panorama summed it up the other night.)

So other than 'It'd be nice if we won.' it's a bit of a yawn to me.

John
:?:

Glad I could brighten your morning Byron :wink: Was not a rant against football specifically, more the associated hype that goes with it. Apologies if it offended.

Thats good BugBear, but you appear to care enough to have come into a thread you clearly don't care about to post your thoughts on it.

Why is it you lot feel the need to contribute to a thread on a subject you clearly aren't interested in, only to slag it and the those who follow it off?

I thought this forum was supposed to be about showing respect to others views?

That seems to go out of the window when it comes to certain subjects.

At a risk of starting a flame war, which I have no intention of doing, (honest!) this thread started with a negative view of the World Cup. It was not a celebration of football thread. It was a point of view. Other posters supported the World Cup. Which is an alternative view. Both equally valid to the people that posted them I am sure. There is showing respect to others views and there is having an opinion - these are not the same. If a poster said 'X is a blithering silly person for liking football' then that is showing a lack of respect for X. If a poster says 'actually, I couldn't care less about football, not interested in the world cup' then that is not showing a lack of respect for X. Its not hijacking the thread, its not denigrating to those that do like football. You might find it trivial and non-helpful in a football related discussion (which this thread did not start off as however) but that doesn't make it disrespectful.

My reference to blithering drooling eejits was a reference to the hype that surround football and the world cup in particular, especially the action of sticking a flag on your car. I find them distracting when I ride a motorbike and dangerous when they fall off and lie in the road (light enough to be moved by vehicles slipstreams, sharp enough when run over to cause punctures) and soft enough that I worry about a flag getting caught in the wheel of my bike when I ride. I was not saying anyone who likes football is a blithering drooling eejit - if I gave that impression then I humbly apologise.

Steve

Like it or not it's a huge sporting event the world over. I think England are 3 classy players short of winning it. Then again the theoretical best team don't always win the big competitions.

matt":ohpjjsvr said:

A Professor has found after extensive research there are two sizes of penis amongst uk men. There are those which fall within the normal size range and those which are less than two inches while erect. The professor has appealed for help to continue his research . Could all men in the uk with extremly small penises make themselves known over the next six weeks by flying a white flag with a red cross from their cars?

nice - but he doesnt say what those of us who are larger than the normal size range are suposed to do ? :lol:

big soft moose":21qicjaj said:
matt":21qicjaj said:

nice - but he doesnt say what those of us who are larger than the normal size range are suposed to do ? :lol:

Best not talk about willy size in relation to football. Byron is feeling sensitive today... :lol:

Football is great - yeay! "Engerland, Engerland, Engerland...." See - I even know the lyrics to the song.

Back