The World Cup - Indifferenteers thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Shark":1yn0myf9 said:
Woops, appears I may have ruffled a few feathers!

Matt":1yn0myf9 said:
No offence intended - just part of the oft mentioned "banter" that I mistakenly thought was an accepted part of the forum.

Couldn't agree more!

Malc :D

How did you ruffle those!
:D

Benchwayze":2b0klrjz said:
Yesterday was my afternoon in the pub...

I caught the RSA v Mexico game (or most of it.)

I was almost forced out of the pub by the incessant, annoying drone of those 'yazzmoompie' whatsits. Who the heck gave the fans those things to play with? :roll: It sounded like an angry hornets' nest!

I should think the players would be suffering tinitus after the game.

John :?

Your right John if it sounds that bad on tv, can you imagine being next to one of the plonkers in the crowd. :twisted:

Cheers

Mike

Mike..

No thanks... I am almost deaf from yesterday myself.

I usually go to the 'wide screen' to watch the Horseracing, but of course, we will see a lot of football in the coming weeks.

I played my share, I have my fave team, (And it isn't B'ham City!) but apart from 'interesting' games now and then, I prefer to just watch MOD on a Saturday night, to get me in the mood for sleeping! As long as my team haven't lost. :lol:

My wife and daughter are planning to take over the lounge to watch it, so I think I'll sneak off to the garage.

They say I'm a miserable old git, and that I should plant a red and white flag on the car, go out and buy some cans of lager, and join them in the fun.

Of course, my GOAL is to cut some drawer sides, remembering to SHOOT the edges square, then MARK and SCORE the faces with my marking knife, and think about the PITCH of the dovetails .... :lol:

I think I'll get my hat and coat ....

Les

Routermonster":117z3i5k said:
My wife and daughter are planning to take over the lounge to watch it, so I think I'll sneak off to the garage.

They say I'm a miserable old git, and that I should plant a red and white flag on the car, go out and buy some cans of lager, and join them in the fun.

Of course, my GOAL is to cut some drawer sides, remembering to SHOOT the edges square, then MARK and SCORE the faces with my marking knife, and think about the PITCH of the dovetails .... :lol:

I think I'll get my hat and coat ....

Les

Bravo Les...

Make sure you fit that joint right from the saw!

And if you are really going out to get some beers, make sure it's one of our bitters!

John :lol:

I watch the England games out of some misguided sense of patriotism.

I don't know why I punish myself though...we have had a rubbish team since 1966 and judging by tonight's performance...things ain't changed a lot there.

And those bloody hooter things they seem to have given everyone are DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!

I'm off to the workshop....

:D

Jim

I did watch tonight. In the end I muted the sound and switched on the sub-titles for the deaf.

(I have a friend who is in this position so the sub-titles are used quite often here! )

John :wink:

Just thought I'd bump this up in the interests of balance. :lol:

The two games I've 'sat through' so far bored the @rse off me.
And what is it with..

a) That bloody swarm of Wasps at every game?

b) The TV co commentators (I'm assuming ex - foot ballers) who seem to be on a 'Get paid per word' contract and mumble utter sh 1 t at every opportunity?

studders":2sdzpe3s said:
b) The TV co commentators (I'm assuming ex - foot ballers) who seem to be on a 'Get paid per word' contract and mumble utter sh 1 t at every opportunity?

Ah, you must mean Andy Townsend on ITV! :D

OPJ":33effbfi said:
studders":33effbfi said:

Ah, you must mean Andy Townsend on ITV! :D

It was ITV, no idea who he was but boy could he waffle on.

Even the ads on non footy channels seem to be footy orientated...it's driving me to drink (that happened a while ago though 8-[ )
The 'mute' button on the zapper is seeing plenty of action - Rob

Just bumpin again to let them footy mad nuts know I'm still here, lurking in the shadows.

Nothing else to moan about re footy as yet as I've been subjected to watching very little.
Rest assured though That if/when that happens I shall find much to moan about. Purely in the interests of balance you understand.

:lol:

Tip for getting rid of the voom voom dahlias....

If you have a TV with a graphic equaliser you can notch filter out the racket so that all you get is the commentary...

If you are having to put up with it at all....

I am a football widower....my missus likes watching it....great excuse to get out into the shop!

Jim

studders":29nt9deb said:
Just bumpin again to let them footy mad nuts know I'm still here, lurking in the shadows.

Nothing else to moan about re footy as yet as I've been subjected to watching very little.
Rest assured though That if/when that happens I shall find much to moan about. Purely in the interests of balance you understand.

:lol:

Mr S I feel it is my duty to call you a down right fibber. I have been reliable informed that you love footie, well the after match mass bath anyway :wink:

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":3d85ct4c said:
well the after match mass bath anyway :wink:

Cheers

Mike

Ha, you've slipped up there Mr C for 'tis well known that I only have a bath but once a year.

PS Is a Mass Bath something to do with the Catholic Faith? :duno:

studders":25i7zb1k said:
Mike.C":25i7zb1k said:
well the after match mass bath anyway :wink:

Cheers

Mike

Ha, you've slipped up there Mr C for 'tis well known that I only have a bath but once a year.

PS Is a Mass Bath something to do with the Catholic Faith? :duno:

Touche Mr S, simply brilliant response. :lol: I chocked on half the popcorn and spat the rest out, much to the delight of my two dogs who jumped all over it :lol: Mass bath for the catholic faith, brilliant

Cheers

Mike

studders":7cnl1e1p said:
And what is it with..

a) That bloody swarm of Wasps at every game?

its apparently a thing called a vuvazaela - a traditional south african instrumement for celebrating victory and annoying the **** out of white people.

fifa were talking about banning them but then went all PC and decided it was part of south african culture bso they couldnt

I bet South Africa doesn't get invited to stage any international sporting event again....

I would gladly shove that vauxhallviva up the......

Later....
:wink:

Jim

Back