The World Cup - Indifferenteers thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andycktm":2ou5yi06 said:
The uk press make them out to be hero's £40-000 a week hero's.

Unfortunately, you could double that figure, to start with, and you'd probably still only be looking at the average wage of players sat on the England bench... :? :p

I do still think we suffer from playing too many friendlies on home soil. We get to major competitions like this, in different countries with different cultures and we struggle to fit in (seeing as none of our players play abroad, either). Every other nation makes at least one effort to come over here and see the New Wembley - why can't our team get on a plane more often???

I nicked this from another forum, this guy 'gets it' and sums it all up nicely, and yes he's English, he's loud, wears a knotted hanky on his head when he's on holidays, rolls his trousers up at the beach, and he's a Norris dancer-you cant get any more English !, this is what he has to say

"I tend to agree with the Scots, perhaps not as strongly, but when they say that the England team is overhyped and in reality just average, they have decades of poor performances to back them.
I was even fooled this time into expecting at least a competent performance, maybe a semifinal appearance.
Instead I got a version made in Pinewood, that should have been called "Carry on being rubbish". The Algeria Game was the worst performance I have seen in more than 50 years. No fight, no spirit and precious little ability. Against a team that couldn't compete in the 1st division.
I can forgive bad performances, I can accept losing to a better team. I can't accept players hiding and playing without passion and effort. They were a disgrace.

From now on I will adopt the Scotish approach "we are carp and know it", take defeat as normal and just enjoy the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJ2GZ0UWvw

Hi,

Well sat down to watch it (my wife likes football) and I fell asleep.

Pete

barkwindjammer":3nehu4lg said:
he's a Norris dancer-you cant get any more English !,

He dances with a Plane? :?

That aside I completely agree with him. In most Sports we are distinctly average, why we expect, or are expected, to win is a total mystery.

I put this on the other f/ball fred but I think it's better on here!

I see that the Great British institution, Oxo, is getting in on the footballing bandwagon.

They've announced today that they're launching a new cube in honour of England's efforts in the World Cup. The stylish red and silver wrapper is being replaced by a white one with a bold red Cross of St George, and it's going to be marketed as the Laughing Stock.

Hi,

I did have a thought why they didn't play well the weren't used to playing in a team where they all spoke the same language :wink:

Pete

Noel":gr563ymp said:

I've seen that before in another thread, you're spamming, I'm going to report you to the mods.......

errrr..... hang on....

OK, just give yourself a darn good ticking off for multi posting.

PS Did find it very funny though (the clip that is, not the spam). :lol:

In the interests of balance had to spam both threads........

Anyway, I see Youtube have added a vuvuzela horn button to their videos

Isn't that wonderful?

soccerball.png

Noel":1on2rl4j said:
In the interests of balance had to spam both threads........

Anyway, I see Youtube have added a vuvuzela horn button to their videos

Isn't that wonderful?

soccerball.png

Yeah lovely :roll: Now you and Mr Studders better get back to your football haters thread [-X

Oh you are on that thread :oops: Bye #-o

Cheers

Mike

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on which tabloid embarrasses itself with a tasteless Nazi/WWII headline first?

BugBear

bugbear":121ixm88 said:
Anyone fancy a sweepstake on which tabloid embarrasses itself with a tasteless Nazi/WWII headline first?

BugBear

Surely not :shock: Mind you if Smudger is right, the Mail make up their own news :twisted:

Cheers

Mike

Another observation...... yeah, I watched another game :roll:

Why is it that having missed the target by the barest block of four storey buildings, and I'm making the assumption here that 'the target' here is not the top row of the stands but the goal, the glory seeker clasps his head in his hands and adopts a facial expression that says " ooooooh, that was so close" ?

studders":1htnn31x said:
Another observation...... yeah, I watched another game :roll:

Why is it that having missed the target by the barest block of four storey buildings, and I'm making the assumption here that 'the target' here is not the top row of the stands but the goal, the glory seeker clasps his head in his hands and adopts a facial expression that says " ooooooh, that was so close" ?

A sometime 'cross-over' Rugby player? :lol:

Benchwayze":33mt9lcf said:
A sometime 'cross-over' Rugby player? :lol:

Did you mean 'cross-dresser' ? :lol:

I think Jonny Wilkinson would be pleased to be able to kick a ball so high and so far, maybe even on target.

Latest posts

Back