The ultimate diy dust collection bin???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachakins

The most wasted of days is one without woodwork
Reaction score
Would so like to get one of these 120l bin to replace blue one, one glance and you can see if it's full or if there's a problem.

Screenshot_20220217-233236_Chrome.jpg

In theory,nothing stopping you taking a 2” hole saw and whacking a bunch of holes down the side and then epoxying some clear perspex over them on the inside of your drum…not as pretty but same purpose fulfilled 😉

Or get one of the translucent white ones and put a light behind it. 💡 😎

The only concern with plastic barrels is they may collapse with more powerful DCs. If the clear PVC barrel is strong enough it would be pretty good. Better if it was one of the straight sided ones to make it easier to empty.

Pete

I use a fairly weak trash can with a shop vac (there's a dust deputy on top, but that's also kind of a weak piece of gear for anything other than sander dust streams).

Of course, the thing sucked in the first time I used it (the sides) and the solution was simple - two pieces of ply with two 2x4 stringers the width of the can and it doesn't collapse (mine is square-ish - the short sides don't come in). Maybe in a round can, it would be three, but it doesn't need to be more than 10 minutes worth of trouble. It's narrowish wood, so if you reach in, you can pull it right up through shavings with no consequence and then replace after dumping the can.

Back