The SU Challenge - WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plane and blade... Just the wedge to do.

norrisblade.jpg

Tra-la, la-la-la, la-laaah! With a little help from my friends:

veritas%20jack%20complete.jpg

veritas%20jack%20xray.jpg

veritas%20jack%20exploded.jpg

There are a few bits missing, like the grub screws which align the blade and the text in the casting, and the underside of the cap iron is not hollowed out either. But life's too short, and I've really had enough.

I really must get a life.

Shady, I like the texture on the blade - what did you do, take a photo and paint the blade with the JPG?

Cheers
Steve

Wow - thats fantastic, Steve! \:D/ I'm attempting to model my Record #077A but with my current rate of progress I'm sure this thread will be ong forgotten before it is done :oops:

Cheers,
Neil

Dave R":2hgcszqj said:
what's with those non transparent faces on the totes in the transparent view?

Don't know, Dave, but I don't have the world's most sophisticated graphics card, and can only assume that that is the cause. It's certainly not something I've done deliberately.

Cheers
Steve

Shady, I like the texture on the blade - what did you do, take a photo and paint the blade with the JPG?

Steve: funnily enough, it was an accidental discovery. I'd photographed the blade in order to copy its outline. In sketchup, drew the outline on the picture, grouped it in order to move it off the picture, and it had 'acquired' the picture's 'face' for its face... Stayed on both sides even after I'd push/pulled it to the desired thickness - offers all sorts of possibilities... :wink:

Yours looks excellent - mine's a quick and dirty just to have a play..

Excellent work there.
Can we please ensure that images are kept to a reasonable size. Nothing as annoying as having to scroll a mile or two East in order to read accompanying posts especially for those members that do not have a very wide monitor. 640 x 420 or so is a good maximun. 958 x 636 is waaaay too big...............

Adios amigos

Noel

Sorry Noel - automatically re-sized for me by photobucket.... I'll see if I can work out how to downsize. Nothing more annoying than people with tiny monitors... :wink:

Well also with a little help, here's my completed LN 60.5 LA block plane.

605_5_shaded.jpg

605_5_xray.jpg

605_5_explod.jpg

A few bits missed off (mouse adjuster that sits underneath front knob, side thumbprints, some moulding detail and LN embossed print) and I gave up trying to get the nice rounded bulbous lever cap - may have another go when I have time.

It was quite a useful learning experience with Sketchup - feel a little more confident with it now. But can the next challenge be a little less consuming at least time-wise!!

Cheers

Gidon

All looks very impressive guys - but I think time to get out more :lol: :lol:

BTW how do you do the exploded view - is it just a case of moving the component parts manually or is there a snazzy trick?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim
If there is a snazzy trick, I haven't found it. But if you group sensibly as you build it, it's quite easy to move them in the appropriate axis, just remember to take a copy of the model to explode before you do!

Cheers
Steve

I'm not in college today so i thought i'd crack on with a model. I've started modelling a Veritas No 6 Jointer. I'm a bit of a novice so progress is slow but it's coming on.

veritas-no6-jointer-one.jpg

Back