Table saw buying advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comment was not meant to be a sweeping statement, however it was ill informed - for that I apologise.

And forgive me for continuing the dado conversation and continuing to hijack the OP.

I always thought there was a limit on blade widths (in a commercial workshop) to 15.5mm. However, a lot of saws (and correct me if I'm wrong) available in the UK (Europe?) don't have an extended arbor capable of taking a stacked dado blade set. Why is that?

I know the Scheppach groove cutter I use, uses two blades that effectively cross over each other, and shims or washers to open the blades or move them apart (8mm to 15mm). The two blades have teeth that cross over, and therefore don't require any middle trench cutters (sorry if that's not the proper name for them). Thus reducing the weight of the blade so it can come to a stop within the 10 seconds. But again, the stopping speed applies to commercial use, but obviously Scheppach would aim for that market.

Anyway, it's a good saw.

Jonny

My mistake, I'd intended it as a highlight to you and Steve for clarifying the issue with really helpful additional info. I often use it on other fora to indicate a point 'to' a specific user.

No apology necessary, (well from you) I will try to be clearer in future; sorry about the obfuscation.

Jonny, certainly no implication from me, definitely not intended as a 'dig' at you!

That's one of the good things about this Forum, if you make a fool of yourself, as I did, you can go back and delete or change the mistake, (edit always available) does make the flow of the thread a bit difficult, but then anything to save face. :oops: :lol:

Mike

Ha ha ha. God I would love an edit/delete option attached to my mouth. Would've saved me a lot of grief over the years.

Jonny

Back