T/S Blade Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought this
DSCF3117.jpg

And it came with these
DSCF3119.jpg

DSCF3120.jpg

DSCF3121.jpg

DSCF3122.jpg

Me being a complete novice was wondering what each blade is used for.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Hi,

There all for cutting wood :wink:

Seriously, the ones with more teeth are for for thin wood or nice clean cuts, the ones with not many teeth are for rough cuts and ripping i.e cutting with the grain not across it where you need to clear lots of sawdust.

Pete

Interested to hear how you get on with that saw. It is on my short list.

You got that saw from Ebay didn't you?I was looking at it.Bit cheesed off cos no-one near me ever seems to sell owt and they are always pick up only.

BTW,wasn't after that particular saw.Just remember seeing it.

Forgot why i was posting.You could take those blades and have them sharpened/retoothed.Costs depend on amount of teeth.May be worth a try.

Hi, Raggy

Another thing they all look like they need a good clean, try Mr Muscle window and glass cleaner it gets all the resin of the blades, with the help of a brass brush.

Pete

Hi, Lurker

Trust you to EXTRACT the urine :wink: :wink:

Pete

WiZeR":31edmquy said:

Thought you had been swayed by the DEFT machines.

There is another on Flea bay item 110266369013 if you fancy it.

Bob

Racers":1suc1f38 said:
Hi,

There all for cutting wood :wink:

Seriously, the ones with more teeth are for for thin wood or nice clean cuts, the ones with not many teeth are for rough cuts and ripping i.e cutting with the grain not across it where you need to clear lots of sawdust.

Pete

Thamks Pete

WiZeR":2dffsa9h said:

Will let you know when I have had a play with it, realised when I got home with it that the power lead was left with the seller, hopefully he will post it to me :oops:

skipdiver":w6kaefsv said:
You got that saw from Ebay didn't you?I was looking at it.Bit cheesed off cos no-one near me ever seems to sell owt and they are always pick up only.

BTW,wasn't after that particular saw.Just remember seeing it.

Yeah was from ebay. Like you all the ones I looked at were too far away, so I jumped at the chance of this one and might have paid too much for it :?

skipdiver":cujcwulc said:
Forgot why i was posting.You could take those blades and have them sharpened/retoothed.Costs depend on amount of teeth.May be worth a try.

Hope they don't need replacing, can't afford that now :shock:

Racers":cujcwulc said:
Hi, Raggy
Another thing they all look like they need a good clean, try Mr Muscle window and glass cleaner it gets all the resin of the blades, with the help of a brass brush.

Pete

That sounds more promising :D

OLD":23tsarr0 said:
The rip blade in the table are the teeth 'thicker' than the riving knife (looks narrow kerf )if not the blade is no good for that m/c .

Blade is 3mm or 1/8th so its ok size for the riving knife

OLD":23tsarr0 said:
other blades look well used and need resin removing , have a look at this site for blade usage info.
http://www.summitsawblades.co.uk/saw_blades.htm

Thanks for that, will have a good look around tonight after work

Does anyone out there have the TS2000 instruction manual they can scan in and send so I can have a look through, please thankyou

Latest posts

Back