Supplier for Banjo missing nuts n bolts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Awake and resist!
Reaction score
Old banjo from ebay. Bolts missing from "Prusch Kirshner" tailpiece. Can't get spares, wondering where I could buy suitable alternative small bolts. It's two bolts and one thumbscrew in the back plate which you can just see in this pic. 3 bolts would do, or screw headed.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 15.33.59.png

If you get stuck Jacob i can make you any type of threaded components in stainless,titanium,brass etc
Ian
Thanks for that!
Probably be OK though there seem to plenty of off the peg sources and it's not high tech or spec

Well If they are metric then you should have no trouble finding equivalents in the UK. You would probably find that they(Prucha) would send you the replacement parts. The only problem being the post brexit fines by the customs and uk postal services.
Cheers
Andrew

I measure it (from a good fitting thread) as 3.8mm diameter and 15 crest per mm (crest to crest). What size bolt setscrews should I ask for?
Is that simply M4 ?

IMG_5610.JPG

Last edited:
I measure it (from a good fitting thread) as 3.8mm diameter and 15 crest per mm (crest to crest).

15 crest per centimetre (10mm) perhaps.

M4 is 0.7mm pitch. Set the caliper to 14mm exactly and you should count 20 complete pitches for M4.

There is a balance between a greater number of pitches giving greater accuracy and the risk of losing count as you go.

The screws that hold kitchen and Ikea drawer and door handles on are M4.

15 crest per centimetre (10mm) perhaps.
yes!
M4 is 0.7mm pitch. Set the caliper to 14mm exactly and you should count 20 complete pitches for M4.
counted 20
There is a balance between a greater number of pitches giving greater accuracy and the risk of losing count as you go.

The screws that hold kitchen and Ikea drawer and door handles on are M4.
I've probably got some in a box.
Thanks for that.

Jacob. Being a banjo player myself for many years. Get in touch with : https://www.eaglemusicshop.com/

Banjo company based in Huddersfield. Excellent company to deal with.
They haven't got the screws but I've a new head on the way from them.
It's an Ozark 2141gn which is a good quality machine except this one has been worked over rather badly. But the Kirshner tail is a luxury add on, along with 5 fifth string rail spikes. They've made such a bad job of the rest of it they probably gave up altogether and it looks completely unplayed, just badly set up.
Got some temporary screws together and have ordered some nice shiny SS ones.

Last edited:
Back