New (old) Inca 205 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel769

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all hope someone can help. I've recently bought an Inca 205 bandsaw on gumtree for £50; its a bit ropey and am hoping to restore it to its former glory. It was a gamble buying it unseen and arranging delivery, and hope it will pay off. Its a good size for my small workshop, and an ideal size for the type of work I need it for so I took a punt. The motor runs fine, and the thrust bearings & guides are all intact and appear to be fine; the seller has included unused blades which is handy. I've ordered replacement tyres from Incamachines.com (the only place I could find that holds them).

Anyhow, immediate problems are these: The table is warped somewhat (probably where someone been picking it up and bending it) and could do with replacing, if anyone has a spare, or knows where I can get a replacement do let me know. Also I've noticed the lower wheel appears to be missing its bolt that screws into the drive spindle :unsure:, subsequently the lower wheel is fixed to the spindle only by way of the tiny allen grub screw at the back of the wheel. Does anyone know the dimension of this missing bolt and washer ? Also to my horror I discovered this morning that the lower wheel has a small crack in it where the grub screw is :cry:, probably from being over tightened; Im hoping that it will still be okay to run once the bolt and washer is in place but really could do with a replacement lower wheel; again if anyone has a spare or knows where I can get a replacement do let me know.

I will post some more photos once its up and running.

20230204_125915.jpg20230205_131925.jpg

To be fair, I'd take it to a local engineer. Sure, they'll charge, but they'll straighten, maybe even strengthen the table, easily replace the bolt , even if it whitworth and should be able to tig up the crack....
Maybe email a couple of local companies 🤔

Looks a bit odd that there's a keyway slot in the wheel but not on the spindle. Has the motor been replaced perhaps?

Looks a bit odd that there's a keyway slot in the wheel but not on the spindle. Has the motor been replaced perhaps?
There is a key on the spindle, its visible on the photo posted if you zoom in. The motor is a Leroy Somer, it's the original I think.

Last edited:
To be fair, I'd take it to a local engineer. Sure, they'll charge, but they'll straighten, maybe even strengthen the table, easily replace the bolt , even if it whitworth and should be able to tig up the crack....
Maybe email a couple of local companies 🤔
The table is almost flat now; its not too much to actually bend the thing back to something resembling normal with clamps and wedges of wood. I have improved the frame by the same method and today will put the saw back together (I stripped it completely to clean and work it out); hopefully the blade will stay on.

Back