SU----disappearing faces

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilO

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, and Dave R :lol: (the SU Maestro..)

I have had a little play with SU and seem to have got to grips with it finally, but I find sometimes when joining pieces one of the faces disappears giving me a sort of xray view of the inside of the object..

now am I pushing the joining face too far, and SU is thinking the face needs to be removed?
not really sure whats happening, but I guess some of you guys may of had similar problems and could help

TIA

Sometimes you need to trace one edge of a face if it has disapeared.

When you say "joining pieces", I take it you are not using components? If you make each piece a component, it keeps pieces seperate, even though they may appear to be joined. This would prevent what you have described, and is also very useful if you want to go back and edit a piece.

hi Simon,
no components, I basically messing about , just trying t get a feel for SU actually trying to make a model (component) of CI ext table for want of something to practise on...

is it simply a case of breaking lines, and SU deletes anything after the line/break??

Hi Again Simon....think Ive sussed it.....just poor housekeeping and a few stay lines (remember veiwing one of Dave R`s video/podcasts just wireframe it and clean all the loose lines out..

PS how do you grab a screenshot in SU??

Glad you've got it sorted.

To take a screen shot go to File>Export>2D Graphic.

heres my first real output in SU, I say real i mean predefined measurements as opposed to just drawing, if you now what I mean...

2414089225_d9e0dffda1.jpg

a simple form for some, but herein starteth the learning curve.. :lol:

2414914698_0fe2f518d0.jpg

just a model of a CI ext table, but its a start, just like to share it with you, as there are so many of us now using this software..

cheers

Back