Startrite bandsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi after browsing various auction sites and such it is clear you have to be realy lucky to pick up a bargin startrite 352 bandsaw they seem to sell at around the £800 mark or at least the ones I see do.is this still a good price I'm not sure?

Are they built much better then the newer startrite 352e the white/gray ones that sell for around £980 + vat
I'm not in the market for one at the moment but hope to be in the near future.

Thoughts please

look out for a 14-S-5 model before the 352 stronger and heavier but more like £400 for a 3 phase one 100-200 to change to single phase if you need it great machines

Ian

I bought a new Grey/white 352E just over 2 years ago for less than £800 inc vat, delivery and a couple of blades. The machine is of Chineese origin, although you would be very hard pressed to tell.
I am pleased with its performance, it being accurate, quiet and capable of working to the limits in the specification.
I was fortunate in buying when Startrite had a sale on and my local shop swallowing the normally heavy delivery charge. This could have been as they had it as part of a larger delivery.
At £800 I would buy again, if not available I would look second hand at Hammer, Felder, larger Jet models, Scheppach, and obviously Startrite.

Colin

Sorry for the late reply fih801978 eriba I think the bigger startrite would be to big for my shed/workshop although I plan to build a new one sometime in the future. I thought that was the case with the newer startrites sold by Record.
Would you say it's worth £1060.00 ?

eribaMotters":1a1ms4v1 said:
I bought a new Grey/white 352E just over 2 years ago for less than £800 inc vat, delivery and a couple of blades. The machine is of Chineese origin, although you would be very hard pressed to tell.
I am pleased with its performance, it being accurate, quiet and capable of working to the limits in the specification.
Colin
I have one as well...excellent bit of kit. The main thing to look out for is the size of the tension spring...it's massive on the Startrite and much bigger than the Record equivalent. This means that it will fully tension a 19mm M42 Tuffsaws blade. Note that to obtain full tension, a blade size smaller than the recommended max should be fitted. It's also useful to bypass the door inter-connects, a 30 minute job.

Thanks for the feedback lads sounds a good saw. I have just been looking at the Hammer 4400 nice machine but at around 1500? Oh I will be glad when I have decided lol.

Back