Spehar toolworks, Adria, et al

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.. Using a LN Independence saw is a learning experience. I am not sure if many, if any, find it easy to use first time up.
(Derek)
...I have not touched my LN Independance saw with a stone since it arrived from the factory and have found it amazingly easy to use from the box(Tony)

Hi Tony

I am not the only one with this experience, and it is not about the set of the teeth. My LN Independence cuts very straight (are there really degrees of straight? :-k ). So it is still in original condition. It starts better now than 18 months ago but only because I have learned how to use it. I do have to point it differently than I do other dovetail saws. Tony, Have you used many other rip-filed dovetail saws, and what were they like?

It would be interesting to hear the experiences of others here who have used this saw.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Ahh. Only one other rip filed DT saw. An old Stanley thing with steel back. Cut very nicely :)

The other two (I know) DT saws are both cross cut teeth.

I think I see what yoiu are getting at with the cut starting, but I followed RCs advice from day one and pull the saw back all the way along the blade to start the cut gently - I rest the saw against my thumb whilst doing this

Back