Spehar toolworks, Adria, et al

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave
Is that the Pax saw in the bottom your talking about??
It has winged its way to a fellow forum member when my 2nd L-N saw turned up. (Guess I should update the photo's on my website, then :lol: )
Cheers
Philly :D
straight%20saw2.jpg

Philly,
Why do you keep showing us that rotten bench? do you want us to feel sorry for you? Shall we club together to get you one without scratches? :lol:

Dave! He doesn't need help! Put the picture away, man... #-o

Now that exaggerated notch would be just the job to take the string for a wooden blade guard, like the top one here:

Cheers, Alf

Yeah, but what a gloat. One of only "X" in the country and all that. Bet you're tempted now, eh...? :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

waterhead37":2dqpbgnd said:
Why do you keep showing us that rotten bench?

philly, that is immaculate when compared to mine :twisted: I should get the free LN bench from the forum :D :wink:

Tony":3pvk0khw said:
waterhead37":3pvk0khw said:
Why do you keep showing us that rotten bench?
philly, that is immaculate when compared to mine :twisted: I should get the free LN bench from the forum :D :wink:
Now now, I just hate to see such rivalry amonst friends. Tell you what. I'll take the bench as mine is, well, worn. Not worn out mind you. Lovingly sawn into, bruised from much choping on, and scarred from the odd dobs of glue being scraped off.

And besides, shipping to my house would be much cheaper for y'all in your oh so generous an offer...

But really, why would I want to replace my Frankenbench with a "proper" one that has no tales to tell...

Ed451":cxluxrqu said:
Has anyone ordered a saw from Vlad with a 1" back?

The two tenon saws I have on order will have 1" backs.

Ed :)

How much extra was the 1" back? I couldn't find the info on his forms.

Vlad told me he's been swamped with orders the past few days.
Wonder why? :-k

I'm not sure what caused the sudden influx of orders, but if you look at his posting entitled "23 March 2003" he states the 8" dovetail saw is available with a 3/4" back or a 1" back and all the other saws are made with a 1" back. I take this to be a permanent change, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure Vlad's open to discussion and requests.

I recently sent him a link to this discussion on this forum, so hopefully he'll read this and let us know what's up.

I paid $130 each for 12" tenon saws: 1 rip and 1 crosscut. Hopefully, they'll be here next week or so.

Ed

(rubbing hands together with a fiendish grin)

Ed,

When you ordered your saws, was Cocobolo available or is Rosewood the only handle option?

Dave

I'm pretty sure Vlad will use whatever wood you like. I like rosewood so I didn't look any further. There may, of course, be a surcharge for a more expensive wood.

I wish we could get Vlad onto this forum.

Ed

Man, I'm slow. I finally realized that Rosewood and Cocobolo are used interchangeably sometimes. Cocobolo is in the Rosewood family. All cocobolo is Rosewood but not all Rosewood is Cocobolo. ](*,) #-o =P~

OK, prepare for a blatent gloat from me:

My two new saws arrived this week. Today's my day off and I'm off to make some tenons.

Ed :twisted: :tool:

Latest posts

Back