South Cambs/North Herts Woodie meetup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraemeD

Established Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I posted here to suggest a monthly meet up of those with an interest in working with wood, in the South Cambs/North Herts region....a part of the country which seems relatively devoid of woodie activity! Just wanted to report back that we got eight interested people and have had a couple of great meetings so far.

The idea is that we keep things really informal, so the running order is pretty free-form, but we try and set a "theme" for the evening which has been suggested the month before. This last meeting had the theme of "past projects, current projects, and plans....", so people brought along things they had recently made, or plans and ideas for work in progress or on the drawing board. These were then examined and discussed by members. I have to say that this worked really well, and I certainly went away with some great ideas for one of my part-completed projects, as well as some renewed enthusiasm! The discussion was really varied and we discussed a number of technical challenges in member's upcoming projects. It was also all done in an extremely positive and encouraging way....no shame in making mistakes (we all do it!).

There is still plenty of room for newcomers, so anyone in the area who would like to come along to the next meeting would be most welcome! We meet currently in Royston, Herts, in the workshop of one of our members. The next meeting will be on Monday 23rd May starting at 7.30pm. Please PM me if interested!

Cheers
Graeme

I would also like to throw my support for these meetings if you can attend they are well worth the time. Graeme has got a nice group of people together and the themed approach had a great start last week.

I will be doing a (very) basic guide to getting started in Sketchup at the next meeting. If you wondered what all the fuss was about, bring your laptop along and build a (virtual) piece of woodwork with us.

Latest posts

Back