Something for the weekend.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cortemilia is a great town, loads of builders , my sis had a house in Levice not too far away.
Usually come out in June and September in the van.....shout if I can bring anything out.

Cortemilia is a great town, loads of builders , my sis had a house in Levice not too far away.
Usually come out in June and September in the van.....shout if I can bring anything out.
You may live to regret that! I've met a lady who lives in or near Cortemilia, drives a Freelander I think.

The stack is at just under 2 meters high, so that gives 24 or so cubic meters of firewood and there's something left to go on the mill plus a rogue sycamore log, which I think will end up as firewood, as I don't have the time to turn anything at the moment.

IMG_5458.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

One of the larger riven sections that I've taken out.

I'm hoping to make a wainscot chair out of this one. It's a bit wiggly and notice how dark and fibrous the central area is. This is the pith and juvenile wood section which will end up keeping me warm one winter.

IMG_5463.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

It has finally landed in the front garden and I think there might even be some turning wood in there somewhere.

It destroyed part of the fence on the way in though, but it should see us through the next gas crisis.

IMG_1635.JPG

Last edited:
@baldkev

A little bit every day, goes a long way to getting things done. It is particularly manic at the moment though, as I am now back in London, straight after receiving the wood, to tackle that overmantle re-install and also carve a small mirror for a display at guild dinner in a couple of weeks.

I've got an MSc. to keep moving along in my spare time too, but I can use what I'm doing at work for a lot of the background research. Also did an NVQ 3 in Heritage skills - Wood Occupations at work on the side, which finished last week.

So doubling up where possible helps out greatly, and I like to always have a few things on the go at the same time for a bit of variation.

Back