Soldiers on Parade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not my design but Colwin Way's published in the Woodturner magazine. I did change what they are holding. The family wanted something like this so I made extras which have now been snapped up already.

DSCF8693 - Copy (765x1024).jpg
DSCF8688 - Copy (1024x766).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8688 - Copy (1024x766).jpg
    DSCF8688 - Copy (1024x766).jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 1,105
  • DSCF8693 - Copy (765x1024).jpg
    DSCF8693 - Copy (765x1024).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,105
Ye gods, don't you ever sleep, your attention to detail and ability to finish gives me an inferiority complex.

I will be in Seiffen (German/Czech border) next week where the whole town is given over to the production of such, I'll see if they want to import some decent quality versions.

phil.p":1fkdlex4 said:
Very clever - but I can't imagine why on earth anybody would want them. :? Wouldn't do for us all to be the same, I suppose.
Converted to a Cruet Set ? --- remove one leg to fill --- would make an interesting Christmas table decoration.

Thank you every one. Chas this is something I started a while ago been working on them on and off. I had to repaint them as the first lot did not come out as I wanted.

phil.p":1bq9ehrt said:
Very clever - but I can't imagine why on earth anybody would want them. :? Wouldn't do for us all to be the same, I suppose.

Some people like to have these for Christmas how else will they crack their nuts :twisted:

Yet more quality.
Did I see one of your bowls on the cover of well known magazine too?
Nice to see you getting the acknowledgement you rightly deserve.

Thank you guys.

dcmguy":3lxiosfs said:
Yet more quality.
Did I see one of your bowls on the cover of well known magazine too?
Nice to see you getting the acknowledgement you rightly deserve.

Not that I know of I which magazine, however have had 4 articles on my wooden model builds in "The Woodworker" Magazine and over 15 pieces of my work in a tiny section of the woodturner but nothing on the front in respect of bowls.
It would be nice to have a front cover for a bowl
These are the only three I have had a front cover picture one is a car just above the title. the other two one is the motorbike rocker and the other the truck the final article on a Australian Prime mover was not put on the front cover.
2016-07-21 - Copy (1024x724).jpg

Attachments

• 2016-07-21 - Copy (1024x724).jpg
    2016-07-21 - Copy (1024x724).jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 925
Aah..my bad..apologies (informants get stuff wrong sometimes!).. your ‘Shards’ was turning of the week on AAW .. not cover... well I guess it may still be cover, but turning of the week is still pretty good !

dcmguy":jj4oyjve said:
Aah..my bad..apologies (informants get stuff wrong sometimes!).. your ‘Shards’ was turning of the week on AAW .. not cover... well I guess it may still be cover, but turning of the week is still pretty good !

Well it looks like you were right I just found out that I got turner of the week twice one for the Shard piece and again for these nut crackers. And then only through Tweeter

aaw turner of the week 1 (614x766).jpg
aaw turner of the week 2 (598x761).jpg

Attachments

• aaw turner of the week 1 (614x766).jpg
    aaw turner of the week 1 (614x766).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 725
  • aaw turner of the week 2 (598x761).jpg
    aaw turner of the week 2 (598x761).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 725
Back