• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Small Amount Of Ebony

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Oppressed Slave of Gary The Cat
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Came across this at a flea market a few years ago and have never used it. I think it was perhaps made by someone practising woodturning but am not 100% certain. It has a small bore at the top, so could have been used for a candle sick (5th photo)

I'm pretty sure it's Ebony as it's very heavy for its size and made a chip into the base and the surface underneath is still the same colour. It was also very hard to nick with a knife as well! There is a a small check on one side of the base (see 4th photo) but this hasn't gone all the way through the wood but thought i'd mention it.

The size is as follows

165mm high, 50mm diameter at the base, 25mm diameter at the top, 12mm deep bore into the top. Any other measurements please feel free to ask.

Might be useful for another woodturner out there making small pieces.

Would like £10 for it plus postage which would be £3.35 for second class standard.

DSC00185.JPGDSC00186.JPGDSC00187.JPGDSC00188.JPGDSC00189.JPG

Came across this at a flea market a few years ago and have never used it. I think it was perhaps made by someone practising woodturning but am not 100% certain. It has a small bore at the top, so could have been used for a candle sick (5th photo)

I'm pretty sure it's Ebony as it's very heavy for its size and made a chip into the base and the surface underneath is still the same colour. It was also very hard to nick with a knife as well! There is a a small check on one side of the base (see 4th photo) but this hasn't gone all the way through the wood but thought i'd mention it.

The size is as follows

165mm high, 50mm diameter at the base, 25mm diameter at the top, 12mm deep bore into the top. Any other measurements please feel free to ask.

Might be useful for another woodturner out there making small pieces.

Would like £10 for it plus postage which would be £3.35 for second class standard.

View attachment 144756View attachment 144757View attachment 144758View attachment 144759View attachment 144760
Yes pleas Doris. Pm to follow
Lyn

Latest posts

Back