site tool box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murdoch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i asked for some inspiration on making a toolbox for site work just before Christmas and got some good ideas. Had a bit of spare time so quickly knocked together a toolbox. Cheers Bern for helping me with ideas. While i was at it i thought i'd bodge together a site wok bench on wheels which also carry's power tools and fixings. All made from offcuts of whatever was laying around.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 1,633
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 1,633
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 1,633
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 1,633
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 1,633
Very nice. There are a lot of Bern imspired tool boxes going on lately. :)

I think Bern needs your rolling workbench too ;)

Lookin good - I've been struggling keeping tools together on renovation projects, particularly when I have three storeys to content with! Any other ideas you came accross?

Hi Murdoch
I really like the site workbench on wheels, seems a better way to do it instead of too many toolboxes and workmate. I'm going to think about whether I would find one usable and practical to take to site.
I also like the quick release handles for pushing it around. Or did you run out of screws to fix the ends together? :wink:
Howie

Oh I do like the toolbox seat; I think I would make the seat/top hinged so you could store screws underneath. Shouldn't be too hard to make the lid lockable, so it doesn't come undone.

G

Great job, all your missing is a bench vise. I really like the lower bench/ hop up. great storage in it. I'm sure there will be many copies of these, priceless on site. thanks for sharing.

Hi Murdoch
Great idea with the sashcramps as handles on the mobile bench. =D>

Could also be handy if you've had a couple too many down the pub and your mates have to take you home :roll:

Regards Keith

Two cracking bits of kit you made there really nice job . How have you found them for work on site ? By the look of the wheeled bench have you by any chance invested in Jim Tolpins great toolbox book ?

Cheers Bern :D

Cheers everyone for comments, Berns found me out. I bought the the toolbox book by Jim tolphin and it's got a great section on site boxes which gave me the idea for the wheeled one. The wheels are are off a pram and too small so I,ll put bigger ones on when I get the chance.

I'm mainly workshop based and don't usually keep tools in the van. these are easily loaded up and used when fitting on site and save me loads of time as everything I need is in just 2 storage boxes. Everyone should build a wooden tool box just to see how much more practical and easier to work out of they are compared to plastic. They also look much more professional and give the customer confidence in your abilitys.

The wheeled workbench is easy to move around, really sturdy, holds loads of fixings and tools, and saves me looking like a cowboy by working on there garden table! I'm soon adding a extension lead which is coiled and mount on one end, a small vice and some bench dogs.

Cheers

Back