SIP Dust Extractor 01954

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard9999

Established Member
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone had experience of the SIP 01954 Dust Extractor, positive or negative. Seems a very good spec for the money compared with similar priced extractors.

Thanks in advance,
Terry.

Hi

Slightly off topic, but I have the sip 01924 dust extractor which is available for half the price of the one you mention.

It's 1hp, but I've so far not encountered anything the machine can't handle. Very strong suction. I bought a higher filtration bag and chopped away the guard which stops larger chunks being sucked into the bag.

I personally find this item very good and meets me needs well. It's well priced and I believe it has a three year warranty. I was sceptible to begin with as I hadn't heard much about SIP, but I really am pleased with this item.

Hi ive got that dust extractor, I use it most weeks with a planer thicknesser it's very powerful and noisy but does a good job, the only downside is the motor gets very hot after about 15 minutes of run time and If you Plane soft woods the shavings clog the pipe up as they as there's a plastic screen to prevent large bits getting sucked up but the shavings get tangled in it and have to be pulled out. I cut this off and it works a treat just have to be careful. I've had mine for about half a year and no problems yet so well worth buying

A mate has one Terry, it's very similar to my Axminster one though a little more flimsy but for the money you can't go wrong

Actually one more question for Doug, James or anyone else who knows. The spec on many sites simply refers to the two 100mm outlets coming off the adaptor, but a few mention a 150mm outlet. Is it the case that the extractor can be used with 150mm ducting if the splitter isn't used?

Thanks,
Terry.

Hi i would like to know how this sip machine compares to the Jet DC1100A for £600! It seems to have similar spec. Including main 150mm inlet that i need for my table saw. The jet also has a fancy cannister that filters to 1 micron, so does the sip really manage this too with just a cloth bag? I might get the sip for less than half the price.

Wizard9999":2v45sd56 said:
Actually one more question for Doug, James or anyone else who knows. The spec on many sites simply refers to the two 100mm outlets coming off the adaptor, but a few mention a 150mm outlet. Is it the case that the extractor can be used with 150mm ducting if the splitter isn't used?

Thanks,
Terry.
I don't know for sure on the sip Terry though that's what I do on my Axminster & the sip looks a bit of a clone, if push comes to shove I'm sure you could fabricate an adapter.

jonnio":2o5fzs7c said:
Hi i would like to know how this sip machine compares to the Jet DC1100A for £600! It seems to have similar spec. Including main 150mm inlet that i need for my table saw. The jet also has a fancy cannister that filters to 1 micron, so does the sip really manage this too with just a cloth bag? I might get the sip for less than half the price.

Can't see the clothe bag going down to 1 micron, I have the fine filter on mine & it does reduce the suction but is a price I'm happy to pay

jonnio":2nsk81ne said:

I think you might have your wires crossed a bit there jonnio?
As the Jet DC1100A is £349 at Axminster with the cloth bag but with the fine filter cartridge the price will be around £600!
The Jet also has what they describe as a "vortex cone particle separation system".
http://www.axminster.co.uk/jet-dc1100a-extractor

All in all a completely different animal from the SIP I would imagine.

In case you haven't ordered yet, I just ordered one (SiP 01954) through Costco at ~ £240. I went to Kendal Tools first (£270) but they don't have any in stock and SiP can't supply them until October. Looks like Costco was a lucky find - they had 4 in stock when I ordered on Friday.
I also followed some advice here and contacted this company http://www.rbindustrial.co.uk/air-filters/air-filters-air-handling-air-conditioning-filters.html about replacing the cloth bag with a canister air filter. 'll get back to them when the SiP arrives and I know what size I need. They were very sceptical about the cloth bag filtering down to 1 micron.

BTW, where do folks go for your workshop ducting?
Ian

Roughcut":1dvby3gk said:
jonnio":1dvby3gk said:

As the Jet DC1100A is £349 at Axminster with the cloth bag but with the fine filter cartridge the price will be around £600!
The Jet also has what they describe as a "vortex cone particle separation system".

Hi again, yes I thought so too but here is the link to the sip machine that seems to say in it,s description that it filters down to 1 micron..
http://www.sipuk.co.uk/sip-01954-dust-collector.html
I'm sure they are wrong too.

jonnio":34fmefpb said:
Roughcut":34fmefpb said:
jonnio":34fmefpb said:

Hi again, yes I thought so too but here is the link to the sip machine that seems to say in it,s description that it filters down to 1 micron..
http://www.sipuk.co.uk/sip-01954-dust-collector.html
I'm sure they are wrong too.

Small print is that only 1 micron with the optional fine filter bag. I think a canister would be a better answer.

Terry.

Without the special fine filter and using just the cloth bag all these machines are really chip collectors - great for P/Ts etc.

Iancd":161k2w3a said:
In case you haven't ordered yet, I just ordered one (SiP 01954) through Costco at ~ £240. I went to Kendal Tools first (£270) but they don't have any in stock and SiP can't supply them until October. Looks like Costco was a lucky find - they had 4 in stock when I ordered on Friday.
I also followed some advice here and contacted this company http://www.rbindustrial.co.uk/air-filters/air-filters-air-handling-air-conditioning-filters.html about replacing the cloth bag with a canister air filter. 'll get back to them when the SiP arrives and I know what size I need. They were very sceptical about the cloth bag filtering down to 1 micron.

BTW, where do folks go for your workshop ducting?
Ian

Ian

I ordered the SiP01954 from CostCo yesterday. I presume you have yours now and I wondered if you had followed up with R B Industrial about a filter cartridge? If so would be interested in what you have found out.

Terry.

Hi Terry,
Yes, I got the SiP - glad the tip about CostCo was useful.
I haven't followed up re the filter canister as I haven't sorted the workshop ducting out and have only used it with the Planer/Thicknesser so far - it seems to work well for that as it comes, without spreading dust around.
I'll post an update if I do get a canister filter for it.
Ian

Hi. I wondered if anyone has any suggestions for cannister filtering for the SIP 01954?
Thanks

Does anybody have the fully assembled height of the SIP 01954, i have very limited height restrictions in my workshop of 1800mm.
Gary
Hi,

I am in exactly the same boat as you. Did you find out the answer to this question.

Hi,
I am in exactly the same boat as you. Did you find out the answer to this question.

It appears identical to the Charnwood W691 which I have and that's quoted as - Dimensions 900 x 560 x 1950mm . I fitted a pleated fine filter from Scott & Sargeant which is a bit lower than the cloth filter but not at home to measure.

Back