SIP Dust Extractor 01954

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I want to put it right in a corner of the joinery where the roof slope hits the wall. I think it will work if I remove the wheels.

but nobody has mentioned adding a cyclone to this collector.....
or have they gone outta fashion....?.
just bought some galve sheet to make my own.....

Thanks. I want to put it right in a corner of the joinery where the roof slope hits the wall. I think it will work if I remove the wheels.

The fan unit can be mounted in different positions if you drill some new holes in the base so you can put that side under restricted roof height.

It appears identical to the Charnwood W691 which I have and that's quoted as - Dimensions 900 x 560 x 1950mm . I fitted a pleated fine filter from Scott & Sargeant which is a bit lower than the cloth filter but not at home to measure.
Thanks for your advice on this. It just fitted in under the roof angle. I didn’t realise the on/off buttons where in such a weird place on this model. I would like to move them to somewhere more accessible so I can get the extractor tucked in next to the saw and still operate it easily. However, my work schedule is so tight this coming year I don’t know when I could possible do this. I have a ‘temporary’ setup at the moment. Thanks again.
5E7B3BD5-346C-4937-94DC-72CB9C364FB5.jpeg

............ I didn’t realise the on/off buttons where in such a weird place on this model. I would like to move them to somewhere more accessible so I can get the extractor tucked in next to the saw and still operate it easily.

Mine's buried behind other gear with a longish hose I drag to whatever I'm using so I bridged the fitted NVR switch and use a wireless operated 13a plug-in switch, which is also an NVR.

I have been looking at the SIP 01992 with a canister filter for our Men's Shed. In my shop I have an Axminster dust extractor with a canister filter and it handles the table saw, planner / thicknesser, mitre and band saw without any problems.

The issue with the bag filter is the filtration of 5 micron. Most saw dust is 3 - 4 micron, so the bag becomes a dust distributor until the bag begins to clog. This will greatly reduce the suction airflow and will only increase the reduction with time. It is very difficult if not impossible to clean a bag filter (and messy and bad for your lungs).

The canister filter filter has a 1 micron filter capacity. It keeps the dust inside the machine. Because of this yes, the filter will begin to clog however the filter is pleated greatly increasing the surface area of the filter reducing the airflow restriction. In addition, canister filters can be cleaned without removing the filter, as they have internal paddles that rotate inside the filter knocking the dust off the filter and into the collection bag.

The configuration of the ducting can also have a big impact on airflow. 90 degree bends are a no-no. Keep the ducting as straight as possible and if you need a 90 degree bend, use two 45's and a short straight piece, or use a flexible hose with the largest radius as possible.

I have modified all of my machines to increase the airflow and airflow direction, My shop stays nice and clean!

Back