SIP Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmck

Reaction score
Hi Does anyone have any experienc of the SIP 16" bandsaw
Model No 01445.

It seems good value for money. Is it?

thanks

Jim

It does look like a decent machine with an impressive specification at that price. Since no-one else has been able to help so far, what I would do in your situation is try to weight it up against a similar machine, like the JET JWBS-16 Mk2 and, if possible, find a local dealer of SIP machinery and take a look for yourself.

The JET machine is £300-400 dearer - you've got to ask yourself why.

Things I would look for in a bandsaw of that size would include a quick-release tensioning lever, fine-adjustable blade guides, rack and pinion mechanism for table tilt and upper blade guard and a second dust extraction port, directly below the table...

The SIP saw does have some of these features. I hope this has helped in some way. :)

I have the smaller 14" version of this - SIP 01444

It is a solid, well built machine.
I have fitted a Starrett Woodpecker Premium blade, set the blade guides as per the reccomendations on this forum, and it cuts with ease and accuracy.

I am only a hobby user, but I am more than happy with the machine, and the price I paid for it.

carlsberg

Back