SIP 01470 Dust Extractor, has anyone heard of this model?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy's Shed

Established Member
Reaction score
There's one of these for sale locally, but I haven't been able to find any info on this model at all so far. I presume it's an older version that's been supersceded?

I've come to realise that my shop vac is no match for the chippings produced by my Planer, so I'm starting to think about a used HVLP extractor provided that I can make space for one in the shed. I could do to find the specs for the 01470 if at all possible, failing that could anyone recommend a cheapish HVLP machine that does a reasonable job? If there's such a machine that could be fitted with a cartridge filter then even better.

These are the photos included with the advert.

SmartSelect_20221108_215846_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20221108_215923_Gallery.jpg

I think you have three options:-

a tin extractor small footprint.
Small filter likely to block small chip capacity.

snail extractor
bag can get in the way.
Can be easily mounted on the wall.
Small chip capacity

or a bag extractor
Largest footprint 3x2'
Largest chip capacitor.

All three will do the job.

Also note is your electric circuit up to running you tool + DX?
Might be best to have a 1kw one if in doubt and turn them on individually not plugging in an extension lead for instance. Start up wattage will be higher.

Ok I've had a reply and it's actually a SIP 01479 1HP. I'm told that it's been stored outside under a tarpaulin outdoors for some time and was working prior to being stored.

I'll have to do some internet searching later today. It's the price that's got me interested at only £65, but if it's an old model and parts are a problem, I might have to give it a miss.

Did you end up getting it ? £65 sounds good, I have an old Scheppach 1hp from 1992 in the shed and it still works like a dream, though it is from a time when they were still made in Germany

I didn't in the end. I could still do with one, I just don't think I have anywhere to put one in my shed.

Ok I've had a reply and it's actually a SIP 01479 1HP. I'm told that it's been stored outside under a tarpaulin outdoors for some time and was working prior to being stored.

I'll have to do some internet searching later today. It's the price that's got me interested at only £65, but if it's an old model and parts are a problem, I might have to give it a miss.
I wouldn't worry about parts. There motor is the only thing that could be faulty and if it runs it'll be OK. It probably wasn't had much use. For £65 I'd take a punt.
Brian

Back