Silly pop up ads

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but not sure where else to put it.

I pay my subs for the forum even though I haven’t been on much. However after visiting this morning, I realise I’m still getting bombarded with spam ads and pop ups on the site. Surely if I’m paying I should be getting these?? At least 30% of the screen is taken up by the things.

Can this be sorted or are we expected to pay and also accept them?

Regards,

Northern Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

I pay my subs for the forum even though I haven’t been on much. However after visiting this morning, I realise I’m still getting bombarded with spam ads and pop ups on the site. Surely if I’m paying I should be getting these?? At least 30% of the screen is taken up by the things.

Regards,

Northern Phil
Have you turned off ads in your preferences?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to your account, choose preferences , and disable advertising

Screenshot_20240101_130741_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240101_130814_Chrome.jpg

Surfshark has a really effective clean web setting that sorts these out and also auto rejects cookie consents for you which is great.

Regards,

Northern Phil
Me too... Spoils the forum IMO!

And I don’t know why but the site becomes almost unusable with the ads, I mean that the pages don’t respond to touch and trying to write anything is so frustrating you give up.

Back