sharpening Stone/diamond

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmab9

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something to use to sharpen my chisel /plane's ,Any advice on what to get

As a first step then a combination oil stone should get you started and be good enough for most "normal" woodworking.
The second step for me would be a home made strop, a strip of leather stuck onto a piece of wood about the same size as your oil stone, dressed with a bit of fine grinding paste.

What do you guys think of this bit of kit
http://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/produ...ne_double_sided_finecoarse_7x25x38_inch_.html

Diamond bench and worktop 7 inch stone fine & course

A precision hand made double sided diamond bench stone 7 inches x 2 1/2 inches.

Precision flatness.
Complete with fabric tool holder, cleaning block and non slip mat.
Fine 1000 grit (15 micron) and coarse 300 grit (50 micron).
Guaranteed for five years.
Recommended use with Trend lapping fluid to prevent clogging or rusting and assist in keeping tools clean.
Ideal for flattening chisels and plane blades as well as achieving a shaving edge in seconds.
Precision flatness gives the ability to also sharpen spindle knives in house.
The fine grit is suitable for a finish suitable for carving tools.

I think we will be o/k "he" hasn't seen it.

:shock: :wink:

Pete

Chrispy":31r3rd1b said:
As a first step then a combination oil stone should get you started and be good enough for most "normal" woodworking.
The second step for me would be a home made strop, a strip of leather stuck onto a piece of wood about the same size as your oil stone, dressed with a bit of fine grinding paste.
Yah spot on! And cheapest and most durable by far.

Jacob":28ftdkzc said:
Chrispy":28ftdkzc said:
Yah spot on! And cheapest and most durable by far.
cheers

Back