Sharpening north west gouges & Chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to steer clear of sharpening threads but as some others have pointed out its something you just have to learn if you want to work wood. As a starter the best option would be to find someone that can sharpen them and at the same time show you how it's done.
Regards
John

I tend to steer clear of sharpening threads but as some others have pointed out its something you just have to learn if you want to work wood. As a starter the best option would be to find someone that can sharpen them and at the same time show you how it's done.
Regards
John
Thanks John.
I can sharpen as I spent hours and hours as an apprentice 30 years ago with an old joiner who used to make us spend every Friday afternoon doing it. It’s more of a time issue to get them all somewhere close but I’ll chip away at them myself until they’re all done by which time no doubt I’ll have bought more 😂👍🏻

OK, help us all out - which geographical region includes Cheshires ?
Personally I would have said 'middle England'. If the term 'North West' is blithely used it excludes Scotland ... & perhaps that is accepted & common place. Assuming one wants/needs to be inclusive then at least NW England or mid UK. I know it might seem nitpicking but I, as do many towards the North of Britain, get fed up with statements such as the 'English Army' when referring to WW2...or even worse...the 'English Navy'.... Just sayin...

Personally I would have said 'middle England'. If the term 'North West' is blithely used it excludes Scotland ... & perhaps that is accepted & common place. Assuming one wants/needs to be inclusive then at least NW England or mid UK. I know it might seem nitpicking but I, as do many towards the North of Britain, get fed up with statements such as the 'English Army' when referring to WW2...or even worse...the 'English Navy'.... Just sayin...
Being one who was born in the 'North West' (Preston), you may be interested to learn that people from that area think the North West stops around Morcambe and that the Lake District (Cumberland / Cumbria or whatever it's called this week) is 'the bit between the North West and Scotland.
This concept also applies to Yorkshire stalwarts as they regard Northumberland as the 'North East' (and share the Lancastrian belief that Cumberland and Northumberland are simply buffer zones to keep marauding Scots out of England !

Back