SECRET SANTA % SENT % RECEIVED UPDATE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Guys and Girls

Heres a quick update of were we are regarding who has and who hasn't.

51% of participants have posted their gift.

7% of participants have received their gifts.

This is just an update so no need to panic. Hope you find this usefull information.

That's great info !

So the delivery ratio is 13.72%, among the sent items.

And thank you for managing all this Waka. :ho2

Waka":21nkzuqm said:
Guys and Girls

Heres a quick update of were we are regarding who has and who hasn't.

51% of participants have posted their gift.

7% of participants have received their gifts.

This is just an update so no need to panic. Hope you find this usefull information.

Bearing in mind that most of the sent items went in the post today I think we're ahead of the curve.

Waka

I don't know if you're notifying each santa when the recipient has received, so for my SS, just a quick note to say that it has arrived safely (good job you put the wrapping paper underneath the outer wrapping - i nearly ripped it open wondering what it was).

Cheers

Karl

Karl":3ituq6li said:
Waka

I don't know if you're notifying each santa when the recipient has received, so for my SS, just a quick note to say that it has arrived safely (good job you put the wrapping paper underneath the outer wrapping - i nearly ripped it open wondering what it was).

Cheers

Karl

The way I've sort of set it up is like this:

When I am informed that a SS has posted their gift I inform the recipient that its on the way and ask them ti let me know when its been received, all the data is on a spreadsheet..

Knowing the send off date allows me to keep a track of when its arrived (only if people let me know), if I've heard nothing for 4 or 5 days I get in touch with the recipient to check.

With all the bad weather going around there is bound to be some delays in the PO deliveries, but so far thing are looking good.

Hope this helps

Waka,

Many thanks on behalf of us all for all your time to organise and administer this. I really appreciate the time folks give to this board as I am sure do others here.

Best regards

Simon

SVB":22a1to03 said:
Waka,

Many thanks on behalf of us all for all your time to organise and administer this. I really appreciate the time folks give to this board as I am sure do others here.

Best regards

Simon

Thanks Simon, I'm rather enjoying it.

What proportion of the distribution curve represents sent and received....or can't you differentiate.... :oops: :deer

I'll get me Santa outfit.....

:mrgreen:

Jim

Hi Waka,
I posted my Secret Santa back on Tuesday, and sent you a pm. but on checking there is no trace of this sent pm in my 'sent box' and I am uncertain if you have got it or not. So this message is to confirm its dispatch.

I guess that the upgrade to the software and my setup might be finhting each other - you so not appear to have received the email that I sent to you last week either. Anyway the present was completed, oiled and posted in good time.

David (Acanthus)

if waka's not picked up the pm yet it will still be in your outbox (he hasnt yet picked up mine from the 8th for example)

Thanks for that BSM. and on checking, the PM has now been picked up, and indeed my SS has arrived!! Thanks for organising all of this Waka.

I feel quite feint with worry now, there is now nothing I can do to improve my offering - what will I do/feel if my victim does not like his SS, Should I have gone to Veritas instead. Pass me my special pills please.

David

I got a parcel from Belgium today - today I arrived where the parcel watied for me. It will be openend on 24th evening - German tradition.

Thanks to my secret santa and to Waka for organizing this.

Cheers
Pedder

Santa's been, Waka! :)
Posted on the 2nd, First Class Recorded. I know we've had a bit of snow, but ten days, I ask you.
Anyway it all looks intact and I'm going to show great restraint by not opening it until Christmas Day.

Thank you to my Santa, whoever you are.
Cheers
Steve
PS Can't play feelies but I can play rattlies (unless I'm not supposed to be able to play rattlies, in which case the bit above about being intact.....)

Mine's been driving me NUTS!

It's sitting on top of my tower speaker and has clues as to its source but I hunted the original list of names thread (where we signed up) but alas...I can't find it....

Has this been deleted so we can't feel the need to cheat...play Sherlock and try to narrow the contents down a bit?? :mrgreen:

I must say...this is HUGE fun...I have never done something like this before...

Jim

I had to open the main package of mine as it sounded if it was full of broken glass - in case I had to complain to the PO?
In fact it was full of broken glass - my SS, to cause rattles and therefore a tease, had filled a box with small glass containers and nuts and bolts which had not survived its passage through the PO system #-o (hammer).

Inner packages look OK and intact - awaiting Christmas with interest :)

Rod

Mine arrived and is in a square box. Given that the play between the box sides and the contents seems to be uniform in both the long axes and that an impulse to the 6th axis does not seem to change this I am presuming that the contents are cylindrical in form. Beyond that my investigations have revealed nothing.

Whoever gets mine will receive no such clues. :twisted:

Aidan

Back