SECRET SANTA ORGANISER NOT HAPPY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
This is n to aimed at the 99.9% of participants of Secret Santa.

Having been a member of this forum for nearly 10 years I have learnt so much from other members, some of them that don't post here now, this to me is what the forum is about. For anyone that knows me, they'll say that I've never been involved, or started any contentious posts, I'm afraid that this is about to change.

I've had the pleasure of organising Secret Santa for, I think the last five years; and although there has been the odd blip, I have found that this year is the limit of me keeping quite.

All SS members know that I keep a spread sheet of all activities, and inform all participants of the progress of their SS gifts.
This year I have been trying (effortlessly) to contact one participant, who has received a gift, but not sent one, or had the balls to post the gift he received. The annoying thing is, although he has not posted he visits the forum on a daily basis ( hope you read this).

I am too much of a gentleman to mention your name on the open forum, you know who you are so please don't put your name forward next year.

I will, if members want me to, continue to organise this fantastic event, but please if you put your name forward, and can't manage to complete, then let me know. I can always sort out the odd anomaly. All I ask is that you don't do what Hansonread did and ignore my PM's. Oh drat I've said it.

Sorry adjudicators is this is against the rules. :twisted: :twisted:

Please do keep organising it Waka. It is appreciated by so many people- both participants and observers. It would be a shame if it didn't continue because of one cockerel.

Waka":23lnqyex said:
This is n to aimed at the 99.9% of participants of Secret Santa.

Having been a member of this forum for nearly 10 years I have learnt so much from other members, some of them that don't post here now, this to me is what the forum is about. For anyone that knows me, they'll say that I've never been involved, or started any contentious posts, I'm afraid that this is about to change.

I've had the pleasure of organising Secret Santa for, I think the last five years; and although there has been the odd blip, I have found that this year is the limit of me keeping quite.

All SS members know that I keep a spread sheet of all activities, and inform all participants of the progress of their SS gifts.
This year I have been trying (effortlessly) to contact one participant, who has received a gift, but not sent one, or had the balls to post the gift he received. The annoying thing is, although he has not posted he visits the forum on a daily basis ( hope you read this).

I am too much of a gentleman to mention your name on the open forum, you know who you are so please don't put your name forward next year.

I will, if members want me to, continue to organise this fantastic event, but please if you put your name forward, and can't manage to complete, then let me know. I can always sort out the odd anomaly. All I ask is that you don't do what Hansonread did and ignore my PM's. Oh drat I've said it.

Sorry adjudicators is this is against the rules. :twisted: :twisted:

Rather annoying Waka, hurtful even. Although I don't get involved in SS going by the appreciative replies from those that have received gifts it's something that, personally, I'd like to see continued each year.

Really annoying to hear that waka. A real shame, it's interesting to read about what everyone got. I've never been involved but have been amazed at the effort most people put in.

It was my first year of being involved in the Secret Santa on this forum, and I was very interested in the process, generosity and workmanship that was involved. I am hoping it will be run again next and coming years and I thank you for undertaking and organising the task.

I was an unfortunate non-recipient on another forum a couple of years ago where the gifts were limited to circa £10. It was strangely very disappointing not to receive something, more because I was hoping for something different to what I would have had bought for me from my family and also the fact that it would have been something specific to the topic the forum covered. The financial side of it was neither here or there, but after years of choosing my own presents I was kind of hoping for a little something that would have been a surprise on the day.

I just put it down to experience and the fact that the person involved probably needed the money the gift would have cost more than I did.

I have observed over the years and this is the first time I have participated. I shall hope to do so next year, and really hope that you carry on, Waka. I really do appreciate the effort you put in. I shall try to produce something better next time. (Would be helpful to know who my SS recipient is by about March though.....)

Guys

It's not me that makes SS successful, its you that participate, the wonderful gifts you buy/make is what it's all about.
It's summered up by the person that says" it's nice to get something different, something that's not expected" to me its about woody's loving what we do and sharing.

Since I posted earlier this evening I've had a lot of PM's from SS participating members and non participating members offering to send gifts to the guys that have missed out,
Now thats what this forum is all about.

Thank you guys.

Waka, I'm pretty new to the forum and this was my first year of doing secret Santa, I think it was me who wrote "it's nice to get something different, something that's not expected"

I really think it is and I for one (and it sounds like I'm not alone) think it's been excellent and you've done a great job. Not sure what can be done about people who don't honour their obligations. I guess it's a risk we all take but I'm sure nobody holds you responsible.

Thanks again for organising it.

I would like to thank Waka for organising and sorting out the problems with the SS, it can't be easy to keep on top everything, I would imagine it takes up a lot of his time.

I got a badly packaged empty parcel without any stamps on, luckily because the parcel was damaged and empty I didn't get charged.

Pete

Waka
i can understand your frustration with the person involved ,but as a first time participant, the excitement of receiving a gift from a forum member is so different from a family gift ,and would not be the same next year if you decide to give up,my gift was far more than i could have wished for ,but shows the generosity of people on this forum,
many thanks for your time and effort
David

I've taken part in SS for the last 2years, it would be a shame if I didn't a 3rd time :)
One of the many highlights this forum has..

Thanks again waka for spending the time and energy it must take to organise this function..

Ok back to bed.......zzzzz

TT

The same thing happened when Ed ran the secret Santa, it's just a shame when one person spoils it for the others taking part, it leaves a nasty taste.

Hi,

looks like an ant got the tyres dirty on the Rolls! All the good, and it's clearly a massive wallop of it, makes this hard to give any time too really, not that I don't acknowledge it for who it affected including Santa Waka for the unnecessary hassle.

Sounds like you have already been offered a whole reservist list which is much more the type of thing we are used to reading and fair play to them. I was out this year simply because I was determined to make something and not buy again, especially after the gift I received which is still makes me smile a year on.

Whoever it is I am drawn with next year I know what their getting so I have plenty of time to make two if you want Tony!

Look forward to the next one :ho2

Dean

From what I have seen you are doing a fantastic job with this Waka and I know that I for one would very much like to be involved next year.

Waka":3bzdyf4d said:
I will, if members want me to, continue to organise this fantastic event

Please do ! It is great. The first year I saw the pictures being posted, I was amazed by the standard of work, really gave me something to aspire to. And still, looking through the SS presents is great. There are some truly generous people on here; don't let the odd t****r (+) drag everyone down !

(+) - I try where possible to give people the benefit of the doubt - could have been ill or whatever - but he's been on since you posted this and not offered an explanation ?

Amen to all the above. This was the first year for me, and although a little daunting, it was a real pleasure and I will definitely repeat next year. Appreciate all your work, Waka, and hope you are able to continue running this. Is the guilty party still allowed to access the forum?

Mike

I wholeheartedly support you continuing with this Waka. I thoroughly enjoyed the process, looking to be better prepared next year.

Sheffield Tony":2bmbz95b said:
I try where possible to give people the benefit of the doubt - could have been ill or whatever - but he's been on since you posted this and not offered an explanation ?

It's certainly not a nice way to treat someone ! Perhaps the op is just an ignorant selfish jerk ? That's the only explanation I can think of :lol:
I didn't send this saved draft earlier when I was sober ! :cool:

Waka, I sincerely hope this doesn't put you off.
The work you do in organising this each and every year is appreciated by everyone that takes part.
That said, if you did wish to retire from active duty, please don't feel obliged to carry on.

Adam. (wishing he could have taken part this year, and hoping to take part again next year.)

Back