Scrollerman for Chippygeoff

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrollerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Geoff...Welcome back

I really mean that as I felt you acted far too hastily with your decision to leave.
Now you are back, can we please address this like adults ?
As there are 2 sides to every story I will put my side first to the members and welcome you to reply likewise.
We can then thrash out any issues we have in a sensible way.
The only thing I ask is we only use verifiable comments/facts/threads and not smoke & mirrors type replies.
I can't think of any other way to do this other than with verifible facts so please join me in trying to clear this up as adults should.

OK, here's my side :
I've made 150+ posts on this forum with the vast majority being complimentary to other members or helpful in advice given.
I've even complimented you on your posts/work a couple of times but I don't recall you ever being complimentary to me ?
Like you, my intention is to help not just beginners, but anyone who has a problem if I'm able to do so.
Contrary to what you have unfairly portrayed about me, only a couple of my posts have questioned what you posted.

For ease of use, the links below are the only posts I can find that relate to Geoff & myself in the same thread.
If anyone can find more then please point them out and I will address them as I have nothing to fear regarding comments I've ever made here !

In this link I compliment Geoff which makes a nonsense of Geoff saying "I think when he joined the forum he took an instant dislike to me"
My answer : If I disliked you I would've simply ignored you and not complimented you ! :
make-some-extra-money-t81050.html

Another compliment with a little humour too. :
not-a-bad-week-so-far-t81174.html

In this link I corrected a comment Geoff made about blade clamps purely so the OP (original poster) got the correct advice. Was I wrong to do that ?
How many of you would've gone against Geoff to point this out ? :
first-scroll-saw-t64617.html

This link is the one that seems to have caused Geoff to have an issue with me and was one of the first posts I made here.
It's also the first thread where Geoff loses it and makes very unsavoury/insulting comments in one of his posts.

Page 1 lubrication-t60693.html
Page 2 lubrication-t60693-15.html

This link had Geoff posting absolute LIES maybe in an effort to make me look bad.
1 : "Scrollerman this is not the first time our paths have crossed, you have posted adverse comments in the past on what I have posted on the forum. With everything I write, including the articles I have submitted"
My question to Geoff is : If I have posted adverse comments on 'everything' you write, please post the links as facts same as I have done here ?
I look forward to your reply as there are only 2 threads mentioned here that we seem to have an issue with out of over 150 of my posts so where does the 'everything' come from ?

2 : Geoff said "Obviously you are not that experienced a scroller"
My answer : I think even you Geoff would know that my posting history is littered with helpful hints and tips that only come with experience.
If not, please explain why you think I'm not experienced ?

3 : This comment is not what I expect from anyone on this forum and is truly offensive to me.
Geoff said "So in future Scrollerman just keep your mouth shut as you are clearly out of your depth."
My answer : Geoff, you are no gentleman making comments like that.

is-this-saw-worth-a-punt-t82345.html

4 : This last one is in my opinion, a desperation comment with no substance whatsoever given the links above.
Geoff said "I will not apologise to Scrollerman, his abusive comments go back a long way and many of the guys who have contacted me have had the same treatment from him so I feel it is he who needs to apologise to the many he has upset."
My answer : OK Geoff please post the member names or links to posts of 'many of the guys' where I am supposed to have upset those members ?
This shouldn't be a problem as if what you say is factual, the posts are there anyway ?

hello-t82532.html

I now ask all fair minded members to check out my posting history to confirm what I am saying as there are no smoke & mirrors in facts.

I have never been insulting to Geoff (as shown in the links above) so I'm gobsmacked why he's playing the victim role.
I can only guess he doesn't like being questioned as when he is, he resorts to insults himself which is not helpful to healthy debate or this forum in general.

To Geoff :
I have never questioned your experience or knowledge but there are times when you say things that are not factual or, as in our first meet postwise, conflicting.
Please don't look upon this as me having a dislike for you as it's nothing of the kind. It's just me being a stickler for detail.
I didn't come on this forum to 'blow my own trumpet'. I came because I have many years of experience to share with others and also to learn from others too because none of us know it all !
If I post something that's wrong then I'd like to think someone is here to correct me as like I said, none of us knows it all and we all learn from that.
I do feel you have posted very unfair comments which you can't back up and even refuse to by your silence when questioned about such things.
It's such a shame as we both clearly have much to contribute to this forum.
Here is your chance to put the record straight from your side.

I apologise for this lengthy post guys as it could've been much longer but I kept it as short as possible.

I now hand over to Geoff to put his side forward.

Scrollerman

phil.p":736z1h6s said:
:? Ahem..why don't you just ignore each other and get on with the rest of your lives? :)

Ahem...Why do you not think this needs a solution as friction between members is not good.
The only way to get rid of that friction is to thrash it out for the benefit of the forum.
Isn't that what debate is all about or are you suggesting something along the lines of it gets swept under the carpet .
Surely you should wait for Geoff to reply before making any judgement ?

phil.p":1djk9z39 said:
That was the solution. :)

Come on Phil, say it like it is as your post is a bit cryptic given the options I posted ?
Are you saying 'Sweep it under the carpet' or something else ?

phil.p":2x5kg4rr said:
Perfectly clear the first time. Nothing cryptic.
If there is nothing cryptic, why not say it in plain english so we are all totally clear what you mean ?
So many posts come across as cryptic and unclear as to what the poster is saying so please be more explicit in your replies.

What exactly are you saying ?

I think that what Phil.p is saying is.......

.....why don't you just ignore each other and get on with the rest of your lives?

And that's the solution.

Pretty clear really.

Not at all cryptic.

That way we get to keep both of you on the forum and get the benefit of two very experienced guys who have lots to offer.

Simples. :)

Zeddedhed":1xo8ce43 said:
I think that what Phil.p is saying is.......

.....why don't you just ignore each other and get on with the rest of your lives?

And that's the solution.

Pretty clear really.

Not at all cryptic.

That way we get to keep both of you on the forum and get the benefit of two very experienced guys who have lots to offer.

It seems to me that you guys are not even prepared to listen to both sides which is not fair on Geoff as he has not yet put his side forward.
Why oh why will you not wait for Chippygeoff to make his reply before making such statements or does this forum not work on democracy and free speech ?
Wait for Geoff to answer and then I will consider anything you have to say.

phil.p":xe2bery3 said:
:? Ahem..why don't you just ignore each other and get on with the rest of your lives? :)

Scrollerman.

I think the above posts says it all, Phil.P, just posted a simple suggestion (as above quote) and you immediately take issue with him.

I fully understood his post, were is the cryptic bit.

Take care.

Chris R.

Invariably there will be many sides to a conversation/ disagreement, and most of the time it will not be agreed upon by the various parties. Not everyone gets along with everyone and as adults we can agree to disagree. we do not need to dissect every disagreement just to prove who was right or wrong, if indeed anyone was.
Trying to do this in an open forum will only invite more comments from either side of the disagreement which will eventually lead to more disharmony and toy throwing.
If anyone has a personal issue with anyone else then I suggest you either just ignore each other or have a conversation via PM or down the pub where others cannot join in and (unintentionally, I hope) stir the pot.
The thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back