Scheppach TS 4020 saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomatwark

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Any one got a Scheppach TS 4020vr.

I am looking at buying on as I need a saw that I can rip solid wood and also cut sheets with a scoring unit.

The only 2 machines I can find on the market that have not got an ali sliding table you get on a true panel saw are the Scheppach and the Startrite.

unfortunately the Startrite will not cut 600mm using the sliding table with the scoring saw in, and this somewhat defeats the idea of having a scoring saw.

I would love to have a panel saw but have not got enough room for a rip saw and a panel saw so want a saw with a cast table that I can do both on.

Tom

If you use the search on this site you should find a couple of replies I received when I asked the same question.

I was given a demo and was happy with the saw but I wasn't ready to buy at that time. Since then the price of the saw has increased quite a bit and for little more your into Felder (500) territory. (I was buying the VR 4020 with all the extras).

One reply suggested I could get better value for money and better quality machinery if I bought second hand which I belive to be correct, but like you space was an issue for me.

I've found looking for advice on saw's at this level isn't easy I only got 2 replies.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks for your response.

I have ordered it now any way.

The reason I did not go secondhand is I don't have the time to mess around sorting out someone elses problems at the moment and I could not fit in a Wadkin AGSP or BGSP in and to buy a reconditioned one was going to be way more than the Scheppach.

Felder do not make a general purpose bench that does not have an sliding beam on it, and because of the work I do I need a bench which I can rip soild wood down on as well as cut panels.

Startrite make one but having spoken to them and discovered that with a scoring unit fitted you can only cut 500mm it was not suitable.

They suggested I clamp a piece of wood on the sliding table and remove the fence when I wanted to larger bits, they also said that the factory may alter the design to over come this problem, but could not give me a timescale.

Also the were major mistakes in the catalogue and the current special offer sheet in the sizes the saw would cut and while this was pointed out to me it did not really inspire me with confidence.

Have had Scheppach stuff in the past and been reasonably happy with it, I decided I would give them ago again as the saw is on offer at the moment.

I would like to thank John Page at Kendal Tools for all his assistance.

I will let you know what I think when I get it.

Tom

Hi

They both have a sliding aluminium table on the which is easily damaged if you catch it with the blade when ripping big lumps of wood, they really just for cutting panels and finished timber.

I want to be able to cut up to 4" as well

So I ruled them out at the start.

Anyway the Scheppach arrives the week after next.

Thanks

Tom

tomatwark":1nlenp9x said:
Hi

They both have a sliding aluminium table on the which is easily damaged if you catch it with the blade when ripping big lumps of wood, they really just for cutting panels and finished timber.

Tom

How do you do that?

I use mine PKF255 for ripping railwaysleepers. works perfect, then on to resing osb boards, then to fine woodworking

but you will be very happy with the scheppach

For me it was also a decission between the scheppach and the EB

Latest posts

Back