Scheppach Capas3 Sliding Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RinkyDinky

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Scheppach Capas3 Sliding Mitre Saw second hand at a price i could not resist.

I get it at the weekend but am just wondering if anyone has got one of these, are they very accurate?, how's the dust collection etc. ?
What are the general pro's and any con's?

Thanks in anticipation :lol:

Hi,
I have one.

Its a big beast.
Its very noisy with a kick as it starts
Its pretty accurate but only averagely so. I think Bosch or Dewalt are better for accuracy.
It has provided sterling service for me and proven to be reliable and has been used for say 2 hrs per day chopping all sorts of stuff.

Saw dust will always be a pipper with these saws so I constructed a hopper with a flat base to enclose the rear of the saw completely and put a 4 inch DC port at the bottom....and bought a large brush and dust pan as well.

I bought it because it and a Dewalt were about the only mitre saws able to cut a 300mm wide board which was thicker than 85 mm at the time I bought it. The Scheppach was cheaper and I did not need a saw which could cut both angles/ways. There are now many saws which can do this.

Its size is such that today I would buy a Bosch 10 " instead.

Sheppach saw is sourced from an annonymouse factory in the Far East and same model is also sold by Rexon and others.

regards

Alan

Thanks Alan for the info.

I too would buy a Bosch 10" if buying from scratch, i do have a Rexon 8" sliding mitre saw which is actually very good, so am only buying the Scheppach as it is so cheap second hand.

I too will probably have to invest in a new broom by the sounds of it, it is a shame that mitre saw manufacturers cannot seem to sort out the dust collection issue.

Thanks for the write up, i am glad it is as cheap as it is, otherwise i would look elsewhere!

Regards

Ben

Latest posts

Back