Sash clamps and G-clamps - Where from?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some advice on where I can get some shash clamps and g-clamps at a reasonable price for a reasonable quality?

I know I should buy the best I can afford etc, but I am working too a tightish budget and I am not a heavy, worker with wood.

I just need some sets, to help me construct some bee hives.

Cheers

John

Your best bet is probably a Sat/Sun market?

Do you have one near you?

You can typically find a tool stand where they sell cheap tools and I have seen cramps and clamps there.

cheers
HM

Hi
I have bought on e-bay and only gone for old Record clamps which last for ever. I still use some I bought 30 years ago and more.

On average Record sash clamps go for less than £5 per foot plus postage on e-bay; and quite often less than that particularly if three or more.

G cramps are best bought again in lots of of four or more. I bought 4No.4" and 3No.6" Record G clamps in good condition plus postage.

Bessey clamps tend to command a premium.

Richard

dannykaye":1xbvq3fx said:
axminster sell a cramp that is aluminium and about £10 for a 42" I have used them for ages and they are not record but...

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminster-Aluminium-Sash-Cramps-21708.htm

sadly they seem to have stopped the 6' ones :(

I have these ones, they are good bits of kit and very cheap, just remember that they are sash clamps for fairly light clamping which should be fine for most of our needs. I broke most of mine by over clamping :(

These Expert Sash Clamps from Toolstation really aren't bad at all, for the money. I'd recommend spending a little extra on these over the cheaper, lightweight, aluminium cramps. Still, I wouldn't like to say that they're quite up there with the Record clamps! :wink:

Back