Sanding

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering what people use for sanding their cut items.

I'm particularly thinking about slightly rounding the edges. Steve Good has a video about using one of these -

product_thumb.jpeg

But, being a cheapskate I was wondering if anyone had any experience with something like these -

GetImage.jpeg

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phill

Attachments

• product_thumb.jpeg
    product_thumb.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 797
  • GetImage.jpeg
    GetImage.jpeg
    2.1 KB · Views: 797
I use Sand flee mop and i made it by myselfe below read all topic and at the end there is link how to do it
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/finishing-the-next-level-t92706.html

It is nice way to make finish but if you have hard wood you have to learn whan sending across grain. Grain is hard and where the wood is soft you sand more than on grain and than you have to repair it manualy - I use 240 Granulation

I started off with one the sanding things in your second picture. I really didn't get on with it, it didn't seem to do anything at all. I also made my own sanding mop following the guidance and it works brilliantly. I now have some different grits of paper and will try some different ones some time after the Christmas rush. I haven't tried this but I want to try making a mini one to use in a Dremel for really detailed sanding. I would be interested to know if anyone had tried this?

I use the Sand Flee and its superb and works really well, I also tried one of the second picture sanding drums and it didn't work to good .
I like the sound of a mini Sandflee Stooby! might have a go at making one.
Cheers
Brian

Latest posts

Back