Salvaged 2x1 s/w

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Was asked to dismantle and remove shelving units from a wholesale drapers. Turned out to be 3 large floors ( 2nd, 3rd and 4th :cry: ) and a huge amount of floor to ceiling nailed 2" x 1" with hardboard backs and sides. Took two of us 2 full days to break it down, carry downstairs (a lift for the smaller stuff) and load up the van.

The majority is 40 years old and pretty straight in 3ft, 8ft and 10ft lengths plus a quantity of 2 x 2 and T&G floorboards.
The pics show what I kept which is only about 20% of the total we salvaged with the rest going to my brother as well as a load of firewood to the folks local to the warehouse.

Haven't a clue yet what to use it for but but I'm sure I'll think of something :lol:

Bob
P1010034.jpg
P1010033.jpg

mark aspin":1fq3fffc said:
Lons":1fq3fffc said:
Haven't a clue yet what to use it for but but I'm sure I'll think of something
Trellis?

Good idea. i can think of a couple of areas which would benefit from that.

A lot of it is too good though. It's all PAR and the best stuff is a full 1" thick and quite heavy compared with modern timber. I'll put some through the thicknesser when I get time to see what it's like.

Bob

Back