Wood Store - WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I have finally found some time to get this room done.

As my commercial space is built onto the side of the house one of the rooms was joined. It's not good as people just pop in from the house to ask me to do something or just to ask a question. Its annoying while trying to work and don't work to well.

The room was used to store stuff in as we had no where else to put stuff but as I needed more storage for the workshop I thought about dividing the room to make a wood store.

A while ago I erected the stud frame. and built some free standing racks. Recently its became more important to get the space more useable.

The space measures 7ft x 9ft so not that big. One bit is 8ft instead of 7ft to easily store full sheets of 8x4ft sheet materials. I can slide the sheets in and out of the doors without having to take them around corners.

Instead of plasterboard I thought about using hardboard, one as I had some old sheets doing nothing and 2, to claw back a few mm.

It wasn't in great condition so lots of filler.

The camera on the phone isn't very wide so this is the only floor to ceiling pic I could get. You can see the bit of 8ft set in.

IMAG0018.jpg

Painted in a similar colour to the other walls with the sheet offcuts racks attached. Middle bracket needs some packers at the bottom as the far end wasn't level. Not sure if that part of the wall is out (some how :roll: ) or the bracket is bent.

IMAG0029.jpg

These heave duty brackets will have some 18mm ply on. I turned the blade on the TS to 25deg and to cut around 5mm into the surface to create groves so the sheets don't slip. I also cut some maranti and screwed the batten on the end to create a more substantial stop if things slip.

IMAG0034.jpg

Some more racking above the sheet rack. I have attached 18mm MDF blocks to prevent any wood from tanning and to help spread the load.

IMAG0031.jpg

Some racking above where the full sheets will be stored. Most of them are just brackets I had laying around.

IMAG0030.jpg

Some heavy duty brackets on the opposite wall to the stud wall. Under these I plan to store glass and mirrors (on there end) so I have somewhere safe to store them. Ill end up storing wide boards on top of these brackets.

IMAG0035.jpg

Some racks above. There are 3 brackets per run I just couldn't get them all in the shot.

IMAG0032.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 926
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 926
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 926
  • IMAG0031.jpg