Routers Cramp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joesoap

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the first to suffer from routers cramp but if so , you heard it here first . What I'm saying is that I had a great time today with my DW 625 E and a wealdens deep pocket 15mm x 120 cutter. A great combination . Cheers !

Don't worry, you're not alone! :wink: I've also suffered from "router cramp", only when using a DW 625, funnily enough... It used to happen to a couple of other guys in the workshop as well - again, only using this one router... :)

Hi Olly
Now that surprises me as I was just playing with words as I was chuffed with the results of the deep pocket cutters and the 625 e . Sixteen 75 mm deep mortices were done on top of the workmate and right enough I was
feeling slightly sore but more on the back than fingers .
I then set up on trestles , about 12'' higher and managed the tenons which for me , was a real bonus these days . The 625 e is not as comfortable as the Trend T5 I find but I just put that down to the quite heavier tool .
Are you still using your De walt or are you on to some other router now ?
Cheers !

Hi Joe. It wasn't actually my DeWalt router but one I used to use at a firm where I used to work. It was the kind of job where you could literally spend hours in a day routing chamfers and rebates - which may account for some of the strain anyway! :wink:

At home, I have a Makita 3612CX and do find it more comfortable. regardless of the fact that I don't use it as much in comparison! :)

Latest posts

Back