Router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a call back from the CNC shop - their cost from putting a shoulder in is £3.40 (inc vat).

That makes the total cost for a set of 2 rings\disc plus plate, as follows -

AL - £18.26
M\S - 11.70

Unless my maths is having a senior moment. Plus P&P. Hopefully this will just be Postage - I've held onto a load of bubble wrap, cardboard boxes, etc from various stuff I've had delivered in the last few months. SO be glad to see that go.

The CNC shop did suggest waiting till the plates\rings are cut and having measured the discs\rings (hopefully some and not all) - we can decide on a tolerance for the fit.

I've added a column on the spready giving the total cost. I'll send out PM's later (probably in the morning) giving sort code\account details.

Once they are made - and you've been sent an PM, be nice and reply. :lol:
I am expecting to have these with folk around July end - unless you\I have arranged something different.

That's a good price Dibs - thanks.

The tolerance on laser cutting isn't brilliant, so it makes sense to do the plates first and let the cnc shop work to that. It's likely that, unless the laser cutting is very consistent, there will be some variation in the finished sets, which means that if you go for any sort of interference fit some folks will end up having to bash their rings in with a lump hammer and others will just be a light finger pressure. In other words, it's probably best to aim for a running fit.
Anyone who wants to fix their rings in place can choose to drill and tap a couple of small holes (like the Kreg router plate), or just tap a few equally spaced centre punch marks around the edge to give a little localised interference.

Dibs,let the CNC worry about the tolerences,just say you want the rings to fit the plates with minimalist movement in the recess.

RussianRouter":3ali9qi8 said:
Dibs,let the CNC worry about the tolerences,just say you want the rings to fit the plates with minimalist movement in the recess.

George - Stating that sort of thing to the CNC shop, would result in the costs increasing - they'd have to measure them and work out a size for the shoulder diameter that would suit all rings.

I'm inclined to go with SRP's suggestion - let's wait till the plate\rings\disc are cut and I'll measure some rings\discs and then we'll be in a better position to move forward.

All - PM's sent. Please take this opportunity to examine the spreadsheet and ensure your requirements are as you expect\want.

Also please look at the drawing to ensure I haven't make a stupendious mistake and we don't all end up with useless bits of shiny metal.

Also if any of you are having them sent to 1 person for a local delivery - please let me know. I only know of Daven\Wizer who are having a batched delivery. Anyone else?

Peter99\Painin are local to me.

Anyone on the West Yorks\Brum corridor could potentially have their's dropped off around 7-8 Aug when I do a run down to Brum. That is assuming your not a million miles off motorway. PM if your on that run.

Hi Dibs, the spreadsheet does nt seem to have been updated. Or the link is old. Could you redo. Thanks for all your efforts with this. Above and beyond.

Paul

Hi Dibs

For a start, let me say my bit on many thanks for all your work on this.

I really didn't believe it was going to be that cheap !! I had to go back and double check the addition =D> =D>.

There's nothing been added yet to the spreadsheet for P & P ? Are we to be generous and add in say a fiver or what ? There will be some orders heavier than others so a universal figure may not work.

Do remember, guys, that VAT is to be added to the material price.

Rob

OldWood":3gvw9vof said:
Hi Dibs

For a start, let me say my bit on many thanks for all your work on this.

I really didn't believe it was going to be that cheap !! I had to go back and double check the addition =D> =D>.

There's nothing been added yet to the spreadsheet for P & P ? Are we to be generous and add in say a fiver or what ? There will be some orders heavier than others so a universal figure may not work.

Do remember, guys, that VAT is to be added to the material price.

Rob

Rob

The price in the Total Cost column includes VAT. Someone be a pal and check their entry?

Costs for bits is exc VAT. So you'll need to tot yours up, add in the VAT and then add £3.4, which is the cost of the shoulder (inc VAT).

P&P - I have no idea except for those folk in a batch, in which it's likely to be Parcel2Go or whatever. I have loads of bubble wrap\boxes which I've kept hold of - so hopefully it'll be P instead of P&P.

Once the stuff turns up - I'll be in a better position to know what the postage is - and you can always pay that once we know what it is.

Cheers

Dibs

Forgot to mention - can folk start stating what their router\s is (are) - I can easily mod the CAD work to have a series of concentric circles for a range of routers. Either include that with the plate when dispatched or load it up as a full size printable PDF and you can spray mount it to your plate and drill\tap the holes.

Hi Dibs
Done a proper check on the sums for my order and it's not coming out right !

Taking the price per item and totting it up for my order gives £18.36 - you've got £18.63 in the Totals column, which should be £21.58 if it includes VAT.

In fact I've now double checked everything and see your Note which says the Total Cost column includes the VAT and the shoulder machining at £3.40 inc. which should make my Total Cost £24.98.

I also (only now of course!) went back to look at the drawing - what is the pair of holes (6.3 dia) near the shoulder for (one is dimensioned at 97/83 and the other not positioned, and I would have thought should be) ?

Cheers
Rob

Got the 2nd Quote back late yesterday. Swings and roundabouts really,

quote2.jpg

The plates are marginally more expensive and the M\S rings\disc are a bit cheaper, whilst the AL rings\Disc are more expensive.

Probably better to stick with quote 1. They've included delivery, whilst the 2nd lot have a charge of £40 plus vat.

Dibs,

I've just done the sums and my entry is correct. As if it was ever in doubt :lol:

I'll wire you the cash this evening. Paying postage once you gorrem seems like a resonable plan. I might contact the Merseyside contingent and see if we can join forces on delivery. I have many weddings to attend this summer in Liverpool & Wirral (NO I'm not a vicar).

Qwibble":34hkrf7v said:
I have many weddings to attend this summer in Liverpool & Wirral

Hey - what the wife doesn't know - we won't say anything! :lol: Good pay, long holidays - not bad. Obviously the group showers - hmm I think I'll give it a miss. :lol: :lol:

Batch delivery\drop off - cool let me know.

anyone buying the router plates in the bristol, bath, gloucester area and would like to combine postage costs ?

Cheers,
Sam

RussianRouter":3bd1pnvv said:
My figure is not right either? I get it to £18odd with the VAT unless you have added the P&P?

There's always a complainer isn't there? :lol:

9.78 - AL Plate
0.98 - 30 mm AL ring
0.99 - 50mm AL ring
0.90 - AL Disc
0.90 - AL Disc
1.82 - AL Bush Rings
--------------------------
15.37 exc VAT
02.69 VAT
-------------------------
18.06 Inc VAT
03.40 Cost of Shoulder Cut (Includes VAT already)
--------------------------
21.46 - Payable Total

And no I didn't change it whilst you weren't looking. :wink:

RussianRouter":1dit8n5r said:
Oi,I'm only going by whats on the chart,anyway whats the shoulder cut? is that the recess in the plate?

Yes - the Shoulder cut is the recess in the plate, for teh rings\disc. The CNC shop want £3.40 per plate for that. That must include VAT - as when I asked if that was Exc VAT price - he said no.

My apologies for chasing you Dibs, but I queried my price too (£6 too low !!) and had a technical query.

Rob

Latest posts

Back