Router Design ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,
The only time I have slippage is with 1/4 inch shank bits taking heavy cuts. When using my 1/2 inch shank routers-never a problem!
cheers
Philly :D

KeithS":2e27gy16 said:
Never leave the cutter in the router when you are not using it, this releases the tension on the collet and increases its life expectancy
Hmm, that'd never occurred to me before. I'll have to remember that, especially as my cutters tend to sit in the collet for a long time between my infrequent router use. Thanks, Keith.

Incidentally, I can't recall ever having a bit slip either, but I thought that might be more down to the minimal time I spend using the router than anything else. I hope I haven't jinxed that good fortune now... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Hello all!

Hopefully the lid is back on the last can of worms!!! :D

Nice to see that someone reads our mag and takes in the reviews.....
Cheers Steve! :D
Xtreme Xtension? issue 146 page 21
Router Raizer? Issue 134 page 17

OK, not comparative, but finger on the pulse, and hopefully useful to readers!!!
Two of the best router accessories you can own in my eyes, but hey, what do I know?

Come on, can openers out!!

Cheers,
Andy

All,
Bit of a thread, due out issue 152 I think but have to confirm , I have built a router tabletop with a difference, you lose no depth of cut, can still use guide bushes on your router, you can change out cutters from the top and best of all you can remove the router in around 4 seconds so no fiddling around to remove your router ever again. I am particularly pleased with it
I can only wet your appetite for now but wont be long before the issues out
Regards
Ian

Hi Ian

Now that sounds like everyones dream router table.
As for wetting my appetite you have definitely done that.
Now I suppose we will just have to wait and see.
Thanks for the heads up.

Best wishes

John

Andy - I remembered that review. Couldn't find it though so thanks for the pointer.
Steve - thanks.
Ian - does sound very interesting. At least tell us what you've made the top from :D.
Cheers
Gidon

Ian,

Sounds like a miracle router table; look forward to it. Don't be surprised if you start getting angry groups of SWMBOs outside your door though, will you? All these workshop goodies to make must be playing havoc with everyone's "SWMBO wants" list. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. If it's not already too late, can I make a plea to you all at GWW Towers to resist calling it the "Ultimate" router table? Pleeze? :wink:

Ron Fox did a review of the extension recently and recommended it - this prompted me to buy one. It has worked well so far.
John.

Ian,

Quick, patent the thing before someone else does! Given the number of people who are still looking for the perfect router table, it sounds as though you have the answer to their prayers!

Steve, Andy

Got myself an Xtreme Extension from woodworker's workshop - thanks partly to both of your reviews. It really is money well spent. Works a treat in my Elu 177e - can't detect any vibration and only measured 0.06mm runout (on first attempt) before I switched on. The instructions suggest it should be less than 0.20mm!! It makes using the router table a dream. Wish I'd got it earlier - last week I strained a muscle in my shoulder trying to change a bit with the spanner under the table!

It also came with a 1/4" reducing collet which also worked flawlessly with some 1/4" bits I tried.

Roger at WWW gave an excellent service - I ordered it at gone 3pm and it came next day.

Neil - Roger also sent me a Legacy DVD - had a quick look - and he did indeed use something similiar to this in his PC router - although he suggested it was a PC accessory I think.

Cheers

Gidon

Back