Router bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filsgreen

Established Member
Reaction score
Wealden every time. Excellent quality. Prompt, efficicent service. I get mine in France within a couple of days

I rate Wealden very highly, impeccable service and very good bits.

I am also pleased with the cheaper Perform brand as sold by Axminster, I have several of those in different configurations and they are all good.

I have a lot of Trend and CMT bits and these are good too but generally expensive. I never buy really cheap bits, they seem to me potentially unsafe and always look poorly made.

yep I'm on that Wealden Bandwagon. Made another order only yesterday.

I agree with Wealden and Freud, I also have some from Titman another good UK based maker. The Axminster Perform are quite good value for the money as well.

I've got several sets of Tornado cutters from Rutlands, all of which I've been very happy with. Not sure how they compare on price with the others, I used to buy them when Rutlands would have them on occasional special offer.

When I need a single cutter though, I generally look to Wealden or, if I'm placing a larger order with Axminster, I've also found good value in the Perform range of cutters.

Another vote for Tornado cutters as well. Really good value for money and I'm seriously tempted at their 64 bit set on sale ot the mo for £99.

wealdon and tornado cutters for me too, I have the tornado 3pc panel door set which I think is really good value for money.

Steve

Yes, Wealden every time for me, too.

I don't have computer at work so I normally order over the phone. I always seem to speak to the same bloke and normally have a bit of a chat with him. I assume he's the boss, although I've never asked.

Could it be that it is just him working out of a small warehouse with maybe a couple of staff? If so, it sounds like the perfect business.

Good on them.

Dan

I'm going to phone wealden on Monday Dan, get some more free advice and ask for discount if I buy the the most used ones. No harm in trying. :wink:

And thanks again to the rest of you guys who offered advice.

Phil

I phoned Wealden Tools this morning and spoke to a really helpful chap for about 25 minutes. Ended up ordering two straight bits , a round over and a 45 degree chamfer bit, all 1/2 inch. £58 the lot. At that price I'll try not to break them :D

Just a quick update and more advice required. I received the router deal today, as far as I can tell there is nothing missing. However, it had no instructions for the router or the guide rail, is this normal? I phoned APTC and the chap said he would get onto DeWalt about it.

The 625 is certainly a heavy piece of kit :D , can't wait to get to grips with it. The first project is a small bookcase made out of cherry veneered mdf edged with Ash.

Cheers

Phil

Back