Respirators

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking to buy a respirator and have only really seen 2 The JSP Power cap and the Trend Airshield (pro) Reading the blurb there seems to be little difference apart from the £50 or so in price. If anyone has used either of these could they please give pros and cons of both/either.

Pete

a friend of mine uses the air cap and she swears by it , I have used it a few times and its pretty good, a big plus point for me is the battery clips to your belt/pocket or something so there is no added weight on the mask,( I am told that the battery is part of the mask on some masks, making them heavy to wear),
steve

Pete.
I have only used the older Trend Airshield but this is been discontinued soon with the newer version,which does seem a lot better than the old type,looking at it :? So parts for the old type will be hard to come by.
I also looked at the Power Cap,but opted for the Airshield :roll:

I have had the Power Cap for a couple of months and can't really fault it, even wearing glasses, I forget I've got it on once I start concentrating on the Job in hand.
Regards
Ken

Hi, Pete, for what it's worth I've been useing the JSP cap and find it really good . I had the Trend halfshield but found that it like all other dust maskes fogged up the old specs.all the time . The JSPcap has the batteries in a fold in the back of the cap. You would'nt know they were even there. To charge up it's the same as charging a drill. There is a connector between the two battries and just plug in and away you go.
Hope this is of some help I'm sure it will be even better in the Summer.Regards Boysie

Hi Pete,

I have a JSP with the batteries in a pack. I really like it - very effective not too much weight on your head (as the batteries are separate) and it makes turning/other dusty woodworking activities far more civilised.

My main reason for choosing the JSP was reduced weight you have to carry on your head.

Cheers
David

Latest posts

Back