replacement Table Saw Fence...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravystain

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a SIP 01332 and the fence is tired and as it locks at the back, it is prone to drifting from true if i'm not super careful when locking it down...

I'm looking for a good quality replacement fence that front locks rather than at the rear. I've seen the Shop Fox W1716 but that only seems to be available from the U.S, with eye watering shipping and tax charges.

Any help towards a UK sourced one would be much appreciated.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your prompt response. I've seen both of these before, but to my eye, they don't look particuarly meaty. the kreg doesn't have a cambered lock off and twisting the knob to tighten it would quickly get on my nerves. Similarly the axminster unit looks too small for a decent sized table saw and again, looks designed for a bandsaw.

Thanks,
Graham

Hi

I have the Axminster one on my tablesaw, it is long enough to get to the far edge of the 12 inch blade and i works well. It uses a lever to lock which is ok but I have the Kreg on my BS400 bandsaw along with the original fence and both these use a screw lock which I find easier, less effort. The Kreg uses the same extrusion as their mitre gauge Kreg Precision Mitre Gauge System KMS7102 and rather than spend £70 on just the extrusion it might be better to buy the mitre gauge so you have a mitre gauge and a longer fence if needed.

Thanks again Roy. I'll take a good look at the Axminster then - I need to measure my table saw as it has an extension to the right of the blade so I want to make sure it's wide enough. I think I would go for the extended fence, probably just because it's what I'm used to, although I'm not sure it does any good once past the blade?

Best,

Graham

Last edited:
Back