replacement Bandsaw tyres, and help to belt up please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackrodd

Established Member
Reaction score
The top tyre literally fell apart on my nu tool MC251 bandsaw a few weeks ago. The guarding worked very well, as the saw blade got jammed and obviously came off! The MC251 is very similar to records BS250 and axminster are still selling a similar model. On examination, The bottom tyre wouldn't last much longer, either.

So worth spending a bit on it as it now cost £200 more than i paid for this one, and every thing else all good.
after a bit of hunting I recently bought a set of stretch fit urethane tyres from this american firm on dreaded Ebay for £25.00 with posting, (+import duty £11.00, which was a bit of a surprise)!
It was easy to fit, after a few goes, with the simple but excellent fitting/stretching tool that was supplied, and a guarentee!
All fitted and working well now. I am now looking for a replacement drive belt. It is a triple grooved, flat belt 355mm long. Does anyone please have a spares list for Record's BS250 or a contact for record parts? regards Rodders

Record power sell spares direct. However these belts are standard parts and tend to get marked up by machine manufacturers.
Most towns will have a bearing supplier tucked away on an industrial estate and they will supply belts too and should be able to help you.
Generically, these are known as poly Vee belts. 3 grooves (4 peaks) is quite likely to be J4 profile but take to old one along with you to be sure. If they don't have a J4 then one with more peaks could be cut down quite easily. J8 will give you a spare for next time!

hth

MM

Myfordman":11i7k18u said:
Record power sell spares direct. However these belts are standard parts and tend to get marked up by machine manufacturers.
Most towns will have a bearing supplier tucked away on an industrial estate and they will supply belts too and should be able to help you.
Generically, these are known as poly Vee belts. 3 grooves (4 peaks) is quite likely to be J4 profile but take to old one along with you to be sure. If they don't have a J4 then one with more peaks could be cut down quite easily. J8 will give you a spare for next time!

hth

MM
Myfordman, Many thanks for the excellent info. I've had nothing to do with These P V belts belts before, so i'll get on the lookout. regards Rodders

Latest posts

Back