Record Power Bandsaw Help Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueDenim

Reaction score
I have been asked by one of my former pupils to help her replace the bearings on her RPBS12 bandsaw wheels, she lives over thirty miles away and I need to know the size of the bearings in the top and bottom wheels and wondered if anyone on the forum could give me the information to save me a jouney just to get the size to then order and have to return to fit them. Any help would be very much appeciated. TIA Malcolm.

Bearings available to buy here:

https://www.bedfordsaw.co.uk/wheel-bearing-for-record-power-machines
Before you set out, research the nearest bearing supplier on a local industrial estate. Then you can minimise your travelling.
Hi, thanks for your answer, I do have several engineer supply firms near me and have an account with a couple of them, my problem is my student lives over 30 miles away, this means I would have to do a 60+ mile journey just to find the size before collecting the bearing from one of my suppliers, to the repeat the journey to fit them. The supplier you mentioned does not display the size only the outer diameter. Thanks again, Malcolm.

I have the RSBS14. You may be able to see a number stamped on the ball bearing cover of the bearing itself. I've just replaced the bearings on my wheels which are a common size 6203z (40x17x12mm) sealed bearings. If you are replacing them on both wheels you will need four and you will need to knock them out from opposite sides with a punch as there is a lip which acts as a spacer inside the hole which prevents you from pushing the new bearings in too far. I would also advise that you change the two bearings on the tension pulley at the same time as they will probably be as old as the ones in the wheels. They are 6001zz (12x28x8).

Gary

I have the RSBS14. You may be able to see a number stamped on the ball bearing cover of the bearing itself. I've just replaced the bearings on my wheels which are a common size 6203z (40x17x12mm) sealed bearings. If you are replacing them on both wheels you will need four and you will need to knock them out from opposite sides with a punch as there is a lip which acts as a spacer inside the hole which prevents you from pushing the new bearings in too far. I would also advise that you change the two bearings on the tension pulley at the same time as they will probably be as old as the ones in the wheels. They are 6001zz (12x28x8).

Gary
Thanks for you message, and the info, I can now get the bearings and go prepared.

I think he was suggesting finding a supplier near your student :)
Thanks Fergie, I realised after I had answered him that is what he meant, my student lives way out in the wilds so it would still probably mean quite a bit of backwards and forwards and there was no way of knowing if the nearest supplier to my student would have these in stock although they are common size Murphies law and all that.

Do you have the parts list here is a screen print:
Can confirm 6203z is the correct bearing.

BS12.JPG

Back